I quit smoking 3 years ago,  long time i did not make a tobacco pouch, this one is for a friend request. In the video you can see the dimensions.

Very nice project.  It is always fun to see the way folks do things.  You clearly demonstrate that you can achieve very nice stitching without spending a small fortune on tools.  You are very efficient at the way you do it.

Is the small pocket supposed to be for a lighter?  I wasn't sure.  I suppose the pouch could be modified to hold a particular size lighter.   Thanks for sharing that video with us.

I think its for the Riza Papers used to roll the tobacco

OK, that would make sense.  For some reason I was assuming it was a pipe tobacco pouch.  Isn't that funny how an assumption takes you in a direction where you can't see other avenues?

As a former smoker that has made a couple of tobacco pouches through the years, I can tell you that if you do not have a plastic liner in it, the leather will suck ALL of the moisture out of the tobacco. But your workmanship is very nice.

Isn't the tobacco normally kept in its packaging inside the pouch?

I like the bit about rolling the leather thong into itself and incorporating as the strap to hold everything together.   I've been thinking about building out my tool roll for when we are able to visit workshops and such and that would be a cool way to cinch it up without any hardware.  

2 hours ago, Klara said:

Isn't the tobacco normally kept in its packaging inside the pouch?

No, my tobacco came in tins and I just put in enough for a couple of days.

That's one of the nicer ones I've seen over the years. The Viking button is a nice touch

On 4/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, Tugadude said:

Very nice project.  It is always fun to see the way folks do things.  You clearly demonstrate that you can achieve very nice stitching without spending a small fortune on tools.  You are very efficient at the way you do it.

Is the small pocket supposed to be for a lighter?  I wasn't sure.  I suppose the pouch could be modified to hold a particular size lighter.   Thanks for sharing that video with us.

Thank you for your nice words. Small pocket is for rolling paper. A place for a lighter could be nice really. I will try to add  later.

13 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

As a former smoker that has made a couple of tobacco pouches through the years, I can tell you that if you do not have a plastic liner in it, the leather will suck ALL of the moisture out of the tobacco. But your workmanship is very nice.

Thanks. yes true, it is not possible to put the tobacco into pouch without plastic liner, it will dry very fast and not possible to smoke.