Had a request for a custom sheath.  Took a couple tries to be good enough to sell...

YinTx

I have another photo, but laptop is not cooperating.  when it does I'll load it in.

UncleHentrySheath1LoRes.thumb.jpg.7a485763b3b14da9ab063517841700e4.jpg

Good work @YinTx

15 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Good work @YinTx

Thanks much!

YinTx

I really like the light carving on the dark leather - nice job Y!

Gary

Always love seeing your work and your process, @YinTx. The one on the left is quite different, was that a customer-driven change or did you decide on your own that you didn’t like that carving direction as much?

21 hours ago, garypl said:

I really like the light carving on the dark leather - nice job Y!

Gary

Thank you, it has been a go to color combo for me, as I think it has a universal appeal.

14 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Always love seeing your work and your process, @YinTx. The one on the left is quite different, was that a customer-driven change or did you decide on your own that you didn’t like that carving direction as much?

Yes and Yes.  I wanted to put some Celtic influence as an option for the customer, and as such I sketched up the Triquetra.  Neither of us felt it was the best look for this particular knife.  I used it for the prototype sheath to get a feel for the build.  I had actually sketched up a lot of options, and actually tooled out several versions.  Here is a photo of 6 more in addition to the 3 above.  The one with the knife in it above is the final version.  I probably could have continued improving, but eventually I have to put something in the customer's hand!

And no, I don't suggest this process for anyone trying to actually make a profit, definitely not the way.

YinTx

UncleHenrySheatOptions.thumb.jpg.b81c736df48d81f23137f68fdb73ebf5.jpg