eatonjar

Looking for someone to install speed reducer in Chicagoland area

Hello,

I am looking for someone in the Chicagoland area to install a speed reducer for a Yamata walking foot sewing machine.  I have a servo motor, but the machine is still going faster than what I would like it to.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jared

Jared;

Did you know about the box style speed reducers that go where the motor was, then the motor bolts to the bottom of the box? It is sold by one or more of our supporting dealers. I have two box reducers in use in my shop. I installed them myself in 20 minutes. The dealer should be able to help you choose the length of the new long belt. You can do it yourself and save money over having a dealer install one.

box-reducer-frontside.jpg

I did not know about a box style reducer.  I talked with my local sewing machine repair place and he made it sound like installing a speed reducer was wrong since I already had a servo motor and he wouldn't do it.  That is why I was hoping someone in the group might.  This option sounds much better and easier.  When I go to the supporting dealer sites, what do I look for?  Speed reducer box?

Thanks

On 5/2/2021 at 9:31 AM, eatonjar said:

Found it on Toledo Industrial.

That's where I buy my motors and reducers.

I had a someone help me dial some settings in to slow the machine down slightly and get a little more used to the pressure of the pedal.  After that was done, I installed the box speed reducer.  I had a few problems, but easily remedied (table too too low, light getting in the way).  Once the new belt was installed i gave it a test run.  I thought there would be a slight improvement on speed....  I was wrong.  It was like night and day.  Even on the fastest setting, I could have control over speed.  Thanks forthe advice Wiz!

I thought that everyone already knows that anyone can be found on the job search site, there are a lot of hardworking and talented people who need a job. Try to go to this page and look for the one you need there. On this site, I was able to find employees in my office quite easily and without any problems.

Edited by Ultimer