Stefanie1982

Please Help!!! Techsew 2750Pro Servo Motor SS-1221-P

Hello everyone! This is my first post though I've been a member and stalking y'all for a while lol!!. I'm a newbie to sewing on sewing machines. I purchased the Techsew 2750pro with the SS-1121-P Servo almost a year ago. When it arrived my fiancée helped with the heavy lifting (I'm 4"11:wavey:) an we set it up. In the same week I discovered i was about to embark in a years worth of health problems & treatments that would make me put the very expensive (financed) industrial sowing machine aside. This week I thread the bobbin and the needle from the techsew videos. The issues I'm having is that I cant obtain the control and extreme slow speeds I see in all the videos online. I have tried turning the speed down to the lower setting even the lowest 500. I don't think the automatic needle positioning is on as well. I'm just not experienced in what I'm looking at or for that. I've tried many times on sample pieces of leather. I tried to load a video to show the slowest it will go feathering the pedal but they are all to large of files.I called Sewing Machines Plus the Vendor I purchased it from an was less than impressed with the help I was attempted to obtain. She said she would call Techsew about my problem and let me know. that was last week. I feel like I could be over looking something completely common sense to the more experienced. I'd really appreciate any input at all!! Thanks guys!! Stefanie

TECHSEW SERVO MOTOR pic.jpg

I've got the same setup, having bought my 2750Pro only in early December.  But I bought mine with a speed reducer (it was an option) and that really does allow for very slow stitching... just about 1 stitch per second.  And the NP is working fine on mine also.  I set my machine up and haven't looked at the settings since I did that.  But if I'm not mistaken, there's a button combination on the motor that allows you to set the NP to on, stop with the needle up or the needle down (I like mine to stop with the needle down).

Don't you have the manual for the machine?  Maybe @Techsew Ron will see your post and comment about both the speed and NP.  If you didn't buy the speed reducer maybe you still can.  And maybe there's another way to slow the machine down some more.  On my other machine (Consew 206RB-5) with the kind help of the folks here, I managed to get that machine sewing much slower just by reducing the pulley size on the motor (plus then a new belt).  Maybe that's an option.

I'll take a look at my manual when I get home.

Im kind of dealing with the same thing with my new to me industrial machine. i believe you're going to need a speed reducer to achieve the speeds you're looking for. Ive been looking online and they seem to run about $150 =/

I on the other hand have to buy a servo motor and speed reducer.... you can also buy a smaller pulley for the motor or a larger one for the machine end but it wont slow you down like the reducer will.

Please keep us posted if you do get it sorted with just the servo.

take care

Speed reducers are expensive, a pain to install, and bring some of their own fun issues along for the ride. Here are some things to check out before going down that road:

1. Swap the pulley on the motor for a smaller one, if possible. The smallest ones I've seen are 45mm, and most motors come with something larger than that by default. Cost: ~$20 if you need a new belt (I did). This will give you more reduction, as demonstrated here:

2. Use a larger hand wheel. Some people swap the one that comes with the machine for something larger. This is a little more of a pain because you need to find a wheel that has the proper bore diameter (or drill it out yourself). But the effects can be dramatic, demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y2Aapk7X8E

Here's a handy calculator to see how much benefit you'll get from these kinds of mods, as well as calculate the belt size you'll need:

https://www.blocklayer.com/pulley-belteng.aspx

According to this, if you had a 45mm (1 3/4") pulley on the motor and a 6" hand wheel with your motor running at 500 RPM, you'd be down to 146 RPM at the machine. If that's too fast, it might be time to consider either swapping out the motor for one that runs slower or a speed reducer. Personally, I got frustrated with the speed reducer and ditched it in favor of the SewPro 1100 motor which bottoms out at 100 RPM with a lot of torque. New motor would likely be easier to install and set up, but it's potentially more expensive.

Here's the result on my machine (a 1541S clone). No speed reducer, 45mm pulley to the standard hand wheel:

@Stefanie1982 I found my servo manual and I'm attaching a photo of the page that explains how to engage and set it.  I hope that helps.

I'm also attaching a photo of my 2750Pro which shows the speed reducer installed.  It may or may not be something that you or your husband can install.  But the cost is about $150 Cdn on the Canadian Techsew website.  I've never used the machine without the speed reducer but I'll tell you, I love it!  It really allows me to sew as slowly as I'd like.

I hope this is of help to you.

2.jpg

IMG_7695.JPG

One simple check is the foot pedal you use to control the machine speed, on all machines there is a link between the motor and the pedal, and on the pedal the connection is onto a 4-6 inch bar, if you move the connection to the far end of the bar it gives you more sensitive control

Hi Stefanie, you're welcome to give us a call directly at the number below, we'd be happy to assist with this.

Ron

On 4/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, Stefanie1982 said:

I tried to load a video to show the slowest it will go feathering the pedal but they are all to large of files.

Upload your video to YouTube in a private account and post a link to it here.