Sign in to follow this  
kgg

Needles

This is for general info mainly for Canadians like myself looking to buy 135x16 or 17 needles.

Finding needles at a good price in Ontario and probably the rest of Canada can be a chore either in pricing, duties or shipping time. I had to buy some needles this week as I was down to a couple of size #23 needles. Another member I was emailing with suggested a company called Wawak (wawak.com) which I never had heard of. They carry four brands of needles but I only use the Schmetz brand of needles in my machines and I usually get a pretty good price from a Canadian supplier. To get 100 Schmetz needles of 135x 17 in size 22 and 23 it would have been approximately $140 CAD with shipping and taxes. When I phone, toll free, Wawak I could get 100 Schmetz needles of 135x 17 in size 22 and 24 as well as 200 needles in size 23 needles for approximately $128 CAD with taxes and shipping was free. Works out to $0.32 CAD per needle vs $0.70 CAD. I placed the order with Wawk on Monday afternoon and received the order by UPS today before noon. I am impressed with their shipping as the package came directly from Conklin, NY USA.

So I figured I would pass on the info for future reference.

kgg

I buy my zippers, zipper parts, seam rippers, oil, silicon lube, double sided leather tape, knit cuffs, small spools of #69 bonded nylon thread, repair tags and other sewing accessories from Wawak. They are the go to source for tailoring supplies in the needle trade. They also sell handheld Ace Clippers and staples. These are still made the same way as the pair of Ace Clippers I got when my Father closed his tailor shop in the 1980s. I use them every day to staple patches in place and to staple repair tags onto garments. Those clippers have to be from the 1960s and they are still like new!

When we order from Wawak we get shipments the next day from their warehouse in Sparks, Nevada.