I made some of these knife/Leatherman/flashlight tool sheaths for a local bee guy.  They were designed to hold the specific tools he wanted his "people" to use.  He is an absolutely wonderful employer who gave them the sheath fully outfitted with the tools to his employees for Christmas.  In total I made about 20 of these using 3D printed patterns and molds.

I get about $125 apiece for them and he adds another $250 in tools.  Boy Howdy what a great employer he is to give Christmas presents like this!

IMG_1535.JPG

That looks good and fit for purpose

Beats a $20 Turkey:banana:

Nice work by the way .

I'm interested in the tools he put in.  My bee tool is a little flat crow bar looking guy with a knife edge blade on one end and a short section 90 degrees to that for scraping. 

Do you know what he puts in there?

Only been keeping bees since 1965, so might have missed something.

God bless

4 minutes ago, MikeRock said:

I'm interested in the tools he put in.  My bee tool is a little flat crow bar looking guy with a knife edge blade on one end and a short section 90 degrees to that for scraping. 

5 hours ago, sbrownn said:

I made some of these knife/Leatherman/flashlight tool sheaths for a local bee guy. 

Sorry....  I wonder what knife.  Leatherman and flashlight.....sorry.

It was the absence of a hive tool that caused me to ask.  Dumb me..... 

1 hour ago, MikeRock said:

My bee tool is a little flat crow bar looking guy with a knife edge blade on one end and a short section 90 degrees to that for scraping. 

Like this

6c05755c6cd27e87a7ab2e2fe8262777.jpg

That is like my main beek tool when I kept bees

Shore 'nuf........  Ijust wondered where the pocket was for him.  It gets awfully messed up at times and would be too nasty to put in a nice closed pouch that could not be cleaned.  Perhaps a metal lined pocket?

12 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Only been keeping bees since 1965, so might have missed something.

God bless

One slot is for a non fixed blade knife, the second is for a Leatherman Wave and the third is for a small flashlight.

Just now, sbrownn said:

One slot is for a non fixed blade knife, the second is for a Leatherman Wave and the third is for a small flashlight.

I can't remember what the fixed blade knife was but they probably use the knife for the same purpose as the small crow bar that you use.  The flashlight is for getting around in the orchards they are pollinating at night.  

The fixed blade knife is a TOPS Street Scalpel.

11 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Shore 'nuf........  Ijust wondered where the pocket was for him.  It gets awfully messed up at times and would be too nasty to put in a nice closed pouch that could not be cleaned.  Perhaps a metal lined pocket?

You mean the pocket for the knife?  It is at the front when worn on the right side.  The sheath he has used for a decade is similar to this design and shows a lot of wear but the unlined knife "pocket" never seemed to be an issue, at least not one he was concerned about when we redesigned the sheath.  I have over half a dozen 3D printed molds and templates I created to form and make this piece and one of them was 3D printed model of the knife that was used as a basis for the mold design so the knife fits in its pocket perfectly.

Very nice, 

machine stitch?

6 hours ago, Nailbanger said:

Very nice, 

machine stitch?

Yes.