chuck123wapati

wood handles

Here are some handles i made for this cool but pesky little tool. It is a combination groover, marker, and has three different size edge bevelers.  Problem with it is its a pain to keep changing tips, the allen screw wears out and i drop those little pieces constantly. So i made handles to fit the bevelers problems solved!

The reason i'm posting is i will make anyone here a set of handles, for these or any other use, unfinished or shellacked out of whatever wood with burnishing grooves if wanted for a 20 spot. If you would like more finish, a certain wood or something that will take me hours to make then we can discuss pricing.  

handles1.JPG

handles2.JPG

eddited   

Those sure are pretty.   FYI>>>  the neoprene hammer    is a wheel and axle shaft from a skateboard  handle slips over axle. you  might want to complete sets  

You know,  i was kicking this around with a buddy yesterday 

what I need is  handles for my stamps.  I get So PISSED when the stamp twists sideways in my fingers just as i am hitting it

MAN, that makes me mad. So I was thinking a flat sided  with a hole in it.  of course i understand that the hole is going to warble with use.. that is a different subject that a shim could fix  

something that would not twit in your hand.  

found it,   walmart.  rubber childs pencil holder

3PCS Children Pencil Holder Silicone Pen Grippers Pen Writing Aid Grip  Posture Correction Tool For Kids Student Adults - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Edited by Frodo
added mo info

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

eddited   

Those sure are pretty.   FYI>>>  the neoprene hammer    is a wheel and axle shaft from a skateboard  handle slips over axle. you  might want to complete sets  

You know,  i was kicking this around with a buddy yesterday 

what I need is  handles for my stamps.  I get So PISSED when the stamp twists sideways in my fingers just as i am hitting it

MAN, that makes me mad. So I was thinking a flat sided  with a hole in it.  of course i understand that the hole is going to warble with use.. that is a different subject that a shim could fix  

something that would not twit in your hand.  

found it,   walmart.  rubber childs pencil holder

3PCS Children Pencil Holder Silicone Pen Grippers Pen Writing Aid Grip  Posture Correction Tool For Kids Student Adults - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

That is a good idea indeed, i make a few of my stamps out of stainless bolts, the threads aren't fun to hold so i was using that shrink wrap for electrical wires to cover them. These would be much better.

Chuck, I'm surprised you didn't make them out of antler.:lol:

Good idea though, should make them more usable instead of fiddling around changing bits.

Edited by dikman

sign me up for a set of handles chuck.

no coating,  I prefer to seal them using the oil from my hand and time

13 hours ago, dikman said:

Chuck, I'm surprised you didn't make them out of antler.:lol:

Good idea though, should make them more usable instead of fiddling around changing bits.

LOL Why didn't I think of that? Ya know I do have a bunch of smaller tines I may make a set.

3 hours ago, Frodo said:

sign me up for a set of handles chuck.

no coating,  I prefer to seal them using the oil from my hand and time

I will! Measure the diameter of you tips so i get the right hole size, Do you want burnishing grooves also?  They sure are handy on smaller jobs you dont have to change tools, just bevel and burnish.

3 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

I will! Measure the diameter of you tips so i get the right hole size, Do you want burnishing grooves also?  They sure are handy on smaller jobs you dont have to change tools, just bevel and burnish.

just the handles,  I will drill to fit as I  get to them ...yeah  i think the burnish groove would be handy

Just now, Frodo said:

just the handles,  I will drill to fit as I  get to them ...yeah  i think the burnish groove would be handy

No problem I'll get to work.

5 hours ago, Frodo said:

I'll throw em in the mail tomorrow morning.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, chuck123wapati said:

Here are some handles i made for this cool but pesky little tool. It is a combination groover, marker, and has three different size edge bevelers.  Problem with it is its a pain to keep changing tips, the allen screw wears out and i drop those little pieces constantly. So i made handles to fit the bevelers problems solved!

The reason i'm posting is i will make anyone here a set of handles, for these or any other use, unfinished or shellacked out of whatever wood with burnishing grooves if wanted for a 20 spot. If you would like more finish, a certain wood or something that will take me hours to make then we can discuss pricing.  

handles1.JPG

handles2.JPG

What kind of wood are they made out of?

12 minutes ago, sbrownn said:

What kind of wood are they made out of?

The ones shown are maple. 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:16 AM, Frodo said:

Headed your way! These are made from serviceberry its a very hard wood and an awesome wild fruit for wine or jelly lol. 

handles3.JPG

You are starting o like that new lathe huh?   they look very nice.

i will get some $$$ out to you very shortly  

BTW..Here is a hack.  .Look up usps media rates  and see if you can slip a sheet of music or a map of your state in the box 

38 minutes ago, Frodo said:

You are starting o like that new lathe huh?   they look very nice.

i will get some $$$ out to you very shortly  

BTW..Here is a hack.  .Look up usps media rates  and see if you can slip a sheet of music or a map of your state in the box 

Love the lathe it sure took alot of work out of making things round lol. Thinking of making some burnishing wheels also  I will check into that. Thanks !