rmcninch108

Water stains after forming

255754661_IMG_53162.thumb.JPG.968f8278710409fd666212eb96dd33c2.JPGI need some help if anyone has an idea. I stamped , stained, antiqued and put Masters Quick shine on exterior of bag . I V gouged where folds would be so it would bend easier . I squirted water on seams before bending to try and make it bend easier  and it left these water stains on the outside of the bag. I tried a hair dryer on it and it took away most of stain but still some left . Any ideas would be appreciated , thanks.

Looks like the water caused the stain or antique to run.  Did you use water-based stains?  

I don’t know what you can do to get rid of the stains without causing other problems.  Hope someone has a suggestion!

I used Fiebings Pro dye and paste antique, thanks 

I think I would have wet it and formed BEFORE all of the coloring and finish. I can't think of anything to get rid of the stain at this point.

I think this will have to be one of those lessons learned at this point. Thanks tsunkaspa , garypl for y'alls  input . 

I’d try wetting the whole thing down to see if you can even it out some. Not much to lose at this point, right?

3 hours ago, Retswerb said:

I’d try wetting the whole thing down to see if you can even it out some. Not much to lose at this point, right?

I have done it numerous times. I use a damp, not soaking wet, sponge and work from the stained area out until the whole project is good and damp then let it dry completely. this works most of the time but not always. 

Thanks everyone , I think I will leave as is because this is for the wife and she is happy . I'm afraid of making more of a mess . Valuable lesson learned ! Thanks again !