immiketoo

More bench weights!

These four are out to their new homes!  They also make a mighty nice weighted coaster!

FCE29505-C96C-4F70-891A-6B799D7EF4B5.jpeg

4E1DAB9F-881B-4F0B-A0D0-DE794ADA0AFC.jpeg

12 hours ago, immiketoo said:

These four are out to their new homes!  They also make a mighty nice weighted coaster!

Looks great, but the problem that I see here is that two of those weights will gradually get lighter and lose effectiveness over time.  The others look really great, too.  

You also triggered a thought - maybe make a weight that is "indented" - sort of like a donut filled in on one side of the hole - that would make a weight that would also be a safer coaster, and might even be good to hold your smaller dye bottles more safely.   

- Bill

5 hours ago, billybopp said:

Looks great, but the problem that I see here is that two of those weights will gradually get lighter and lose effectiveness over time.  The others look really great, too.  

You also triggered a thought - maybe make a weight that is "indented" - sort of like a donut filled in on one side of the hole - that would make a weight that would also be a safer coaster, and might even be good to hold your smaller dye bottles more safely.   

- Bill

Thanks and LOL!  Two of those are already empty!  As for your suggestion, I’ve already thought that exact thing and may try it when orders for these let up.  Gonna be tricky because of the size though.

More excellent examples Mike! Are you using a roller for the texture in the middle or a stamp? If you are stamping, that is some amazing consistency across the work.

Very nice! 
airbrush?

Edited by Nailbanger

Very nice work!

I too am wondering about the center texture.

Thanks everyone!  Yes, I am using an airbrush to create the fades.  I will try the hand applied fade soon, but it will require molding after the fact so I’ve been hesitant.

Awesome job. The tooling is wonderful. 

I really hate it when leatherworkers like you post pictures of their work like this.  It just becomes one more item I have to add to my list of cool projects to try. ;)  Really love the pattern on the top weight, and I think that is the one I will to try to duplicate.  Also I really like a good quality Rum as much as the next guy, but in my opinion a good Rye goes better with leather. 

2112667361_SazeracRye.thumb.jpg.fad09c1bf6e0098eec26cd6d4168e1f1.jpg

Edited by RemingtonSteel

On 5/3/2021 at 4:06 PM, immiketoo said:

4E1DAB9F-881B-4F0B-A0D0-DE794ADA0AFC.jpeg

27 minutes ago, RemingtonSteel said:

I really hate it when leatherworkers like you post pictures of their work like this.  It just becomes one more item I have to add to my list of cool projects to try. ;)  Really love the pattern on the top weight, and I think that is the one I will to try to duplicate.  Also I really like a good quality Rum as much as the next guy, but in my opinion a good Rye goes better with leather. 

2112667361_SazeracRye.thumb.jpg.fad09c1bf6e0098eec26cd6d4168e1f1.jpg

I guess i dont drink enough my stuff never looks that good lol or else PBR just doesn't cut it.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, RobP said:

Mike is it possible to order these? Rob

Yes of course.  

Man those waves looks like they're really crashing on me!   Totally awesome work and I think you've (re) invented a new item that should be a great item to sale.  

Very cool. Love the crashing wave.

On 6/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, JayEhl said:

Man those waves looks like they're really crashing on me!   Totally awesome work and I think you've (re) invented a new item that should be a great item to sale.  

21 hours ago, spacedog said:

Very cool. Love the crashing wave.

Glad you like them!  Thanks!