Sign in to follow this  
zachseaman

Best way to secure antler buttons to an archery arm guard

Hey guys, I've never messed with antler buttons before,  what would be the most bombproof way to fasten these to an armguard? I'll be using shock cord to secure this to my arm, I just don't think regular waxed linen would hold up very long. 

1 hour ago, zachseaman said:

Hey guys, I've never messed with antler buttons before,  what would be the most bombproof way to fasten these to an armguard? I'll be using shock cord to secure this to my arm, I just don't think regular waxed linen would hold up very long. 

I drill one hole in them and use a knot with leather thong, hole through the guard and another knot,  you can also knot your shock cord. What i did was very simple attach the three buttons on one side and  leather thongs  on the other, to attach to your arm just wrap the thong around the button two or three times then tuck the remainder inside the guard, works very well and has never came undone while shooting no matter if hunting or target and my guard is about 40 years old now lol.

Edited by chuck123wapati

Right on, I was actually thinking about just putting a knot on the surface of the buttons like you mentioned, but I was looking at other people's work and I'd like the buttons to be alittle cleaner looking with less sticking out on the surface.  Would two holes and a knot on the underside dig into my arm? 

1 hour ago, zachseaman said:

Right on, I was actually thinking about just putting a knot on the surface of the buttons like you mentioned, but I was looking at other people's work and I'd like the buttons to be alittle cleaner looking with less sticking out on the surface.  Would two holes and a knot on the underside dig into my arm? 

no you wont notice it, Mine have knots inside as well. You could use one piece of cord start at one end make your knot underneath then up through the button down through the button then on to the next button and so on through all the buttons ending up with just two knots, one on each end underneath.