kskinner

Glove Sewing Machine Wanted

Hi all,

Glover here based in Canada. Right now I do hand-stitched gloves in sheep and goatskin, lined with cashmere. They're quite expensive, have had a lot of queries for people looking for more affordable gloves. I know how to use PXM and Pique sewing machines (glove machines) but don't own one. Putting feelers out there to see if anyone has something available, such as a Singer 172 or similar.

Worth mentioning - I prefer using the horizontal, PXM style machines, and am generally less keen on the pique, post-bed style ones. I THINK there was a German company making clones of the 172 and they actually looked quite good, but can find NO information on where to get one. Also, I need a lock stitch machine, so those nice antique fur overlockers aren't quite right either.

Attached are some photos of hand-stitched gloves, for your viewing pleasure! Also, ask any questions you like about glove stitching, I'll see if I can answer them.

Thanks in advance,

K. Skinner

Glove - Goat Dk Brn - 1.jpg

Glove - Sheep Navy - 1.jpg

Glove - Sheep Cognac - 2.jpg

Glove - Sheep Blck - 1.jpg

And here is an example of the type of machine I need. Thanks

ZGFkMGE0NjA5YWQ5ZWM1NWNhNjJiYmRjNDUwNjYyNjJ9nWGnNkbB3boFGiN0r9ztaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWEzMmM5NDBkZTlhZTBjODYxMWFhZDU4OWRmNWI0ZDQzYjFhY2Y5ZjQ0MDVhNWYyOWJkZDVjZmQ4NWU3M2JhZi5qcGd8fHx8fHw2OTJ4NTE5fGh0dHA6Ly93.jpg