kskinner

Glove Sewing Machine Wanted

Hi all,

Glover here based in Canada. Right now I do hand-stitched gloves in sheep and goatskin, lined with cashmere. They're quite expensive, have had a lot of queries for people looking for more affordable gloves. I know how to use PXM and Pique sewing machines (glove machines) but don't own one. Putting feelers out there to see if anyone has something available, such as a Singer 172 or similar.

Worth mentioning - I prefer using the horizontal, PXM style machines, and am generally less keen on the pique, post-bed style ones. I THINK there was a German company making clones of the 172 and they actually looked quite good, but can find NO information on where to get one. Also, I need a lock stitch machine, so those nice antique fur overlockers aren't quite right either.

Attached are some photos of hand-stitched gloves, for your viewing pleasure! Also, ask any questions you like about glove stitching, I'll see if I can answer them.

Also attached is a photo of the kind of machine I need.

Thanks in advance,

K. Skinner

Glove - Goat Dk Brn - 1.jpg

Glove - Sheep Blck - 1.jpg

Glove - Sheep Cognac - 2.jpg

Glove - Sheep Navy - 1.jpg

ZGFkMGE0NjA5YWQ5ZWM1NWNhNjJiYmRjNDUwNjYyNjJ9nWGnNkbB3boFGiN0r9ztaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWEzMmM5NDBkZTlhZTBjODYxMWFhZDU4OWRmNWI0ZDQzYjFhY2Y5ZjQ0MDVhNWYyOWJkZDVjZmQ4NWU3M2JhZi5qcGd8fHx8fHw2OTJ4NTE5fGh0dHA6Ly93.jpg

Are you using a singer 172k sewing machine?

I have been seeing some very nice singer glove making machines on ebay and etsy lately. They seem to all be in England . They are beautiful machines and relatively pricey .However if you can make money from them then is an investment and not a liability .

Here's the link 

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1209196984/singer-91k5-post-extra-small-post-bed?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=singer+sewing+machine&ref=sr_gallery-3-5&referrer_page_guid=8704821a-3ea7-4f98-ab4a-5cf46da7c7db&organic_search_click=1

contact Collier Equipment in Alabama.  They might have what you are looking for.    The 91K5 Singer.  They get good money for those.