Hi I'm new to leather craft I was just wondering if anyone out there knows where I can purchase good conchos and Lion heads and such things,I have a few from China bit there not very good,there for dogs collars. Thanks

FB_IMG_1620642119889.jpg

How do you define "good"? I have some from ,https://www.pethardware.com/en/ , but not used them yet (the star rivets and chaton rivets from them hold up well in use on my dog's collars). They are in the Czech Republic and have a brilliant selection of serious (stainless steel) hardware.

https://www.decocuir.com/  (France) have a nice selection of conchos, but I have not yet bought any (though many other things I've been happy with) and the website seems to be French only. Conchos are under Accessoires in the menu.

I have a feeling they might get some their stock from http://www.ivan.tw , so you might look there. I have not yet bought from them. 

Edited by Klara
added links

8 minutes ago, Klara said:

How do you define "good"? I have some from ,https://www.pethardware.com/en/ , but not used them yet (the star rivets and chaton rivets from them hold up well in use on my dog's collars). They are in the Czech Republic and have a brilliant selection of serious (stainless steel) hardware.

https://www.decocuir.com/  (France) have a nice selection of conchos, but I have not yet bought any (though many other things I've been happy with) and the website seems to be French only. Conchos are under Accessoires in the menu.

I have a feeling they might get some their stock from http://www.ivan.tw , so you might look there. I have not yet bought from them. 

Thanks great info

I'm still curious what makes a "good" concho. After all, the lions' heads on your collar don't look as if they'd fall apart tomorrow (but I wouldn't hook the leash into the ring). Btw, where did you buy them?

11 hours ago, Klara said:

I'm still curious what makes a "good" concho. After all, the lions' heads on your collar don't look as if they'd fall apart tomorrow (but I wouldn't hook the leash into the ring). Btw, where did you buy them?

There not mine I'm looking to source them , good as in well made 

The lions can be found at any larger hardware stores...just do a search for "lion heads pulls"...most of them are screw-back

1 hour ago, LeatherLegion said:

The lions can be found at any larger hardware stores...just do a search for "lion heads pulls"...most of them are screw-back

Yeah, I was thinking those looked more like drawer pulls than conchos.  I think I had some night stands from Bombay Company that had those pulls... Still, they would look pretty cool on a dog collar.

You got me looking, and the main sources seem to be Ebay for cheap ones from China and Etsy for expensive ones from maybe elsewhere. I think I saw the lions' heads on Ebay (I'm more into celtic knots - there's some on Etsy, but they cost serious money. I'll try thrift stores for used belts and bracelets and stuff when they are open again.)

2 hours ago, Klara said:

You got me looking, and the main sources seem to be Ebay for cheap ones from China and Etsy for expensive ones from maybe elsewhere. I think I saw the lions' heads on Ebay (I'm more into celtic knots - there's some on Etsy, but they cost serious money. I'll try thrift stores for used belts and bracelets and stuff when they are open again.)

Check out... The Antique group... They have lots of Celtic stuff

Yep, seen them. Unfortunately I also had a look at their web site, and it's deliberately not up to trade legislation (identy hidden, no company address). Even if Etsy has good customer protection (which I don't know, not having bought there often), that's not the sort of people I want to buy from.

3 hours ago, Klara said:

You got me looking, and the main sources seem to be Ebay for cheap ones from China and Etsy for expensive ones from maybe elsewhere. . . . 

90% likely the 'expensive' ones on etsy are the cheap ones being sold at inflated prices by re-sellers

For some products, certainly. Antik-Group seem to actually make what they sell. But I have problems with their terms and conditions (no, theydon't make any more sense in German) :

"X. Place of Performance and Jurisdiction
The private enterprise ANTIK-GROUP acts in full awareness within the NATURAL RIGHT and the privacy on living Earth, secular worldly fictions and commercial judgments of BAR Accociation.

ANTIK GROUP is a private enterprise outside the structures of the Vatican commerce; not a member of the EU or other private organization. It is NOT a legal person and was created by the sovereign SELF, not by means of fiction and PERSONAL rights. It faces the fictional law.

ANTIK GROUP is not: address; PERSON; SURNAME; resident stranger; Residence; GERMANY / US; Military; forced agent; not liable according to HJR 192;
ANTIK-GROUP is: on earth, not in the world; created by the sole sovereign to whom it is the owner, who is at the same time holder of the title and beneficiary of the birth trust, protection taker and creditor, authorized representative, and with private standing; Vendor of CROWN; outside BAR / IBA;

All interactions in commercial law: .. at arm's length (BlacksLaw 1st / 2nd / 7th); without prejudice; all rights reserved UCC # 1-103 and UCC # 1-308; without recourse, sovereign; not a subject of any kind of jurisdiction, not domestic, public notice of UCC-1 Financing Statement.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT LIMITATION
without prejudice UCC Doc # 1-308 and UCC Doc # 1-103 and UCC Doc # 2000043135

ANTIK-GROUP is operated privately by sovereign men and women who deliberately entered the state legal system / legal status of before 1914 and legally separated from the Federal Republic of Germany / NGO GERMANY as an occupation construct. We take up where we as sovereign right owners legitimacy. We are a territorial authority with land rights. On the basis of the Charter of the United Nations, we gave ourselves a binding legal order based on the Creator order."

Now I'll be diving into the depths of Aliexpress where things are sold that haven't made it to Ebay ans Amazon yet. Why is there so little demand for decorative glove snaps? The way I see it there could easily be a small rhinestone in the middle of the female cap...

2 hours ago, Klara said:

Yep, seen them. Unfortunately I also had a look at their web site, and it's deliberately not up to trade legislation (identy hidden, no company address). Even if Etsy has good customer protection (which I don't know, not having bought there often), that's not the sort of people I want to buy from.

I've got stuff of them before some were good quality and some were  ok,they do things a little bit different but I got my stuff ok

I made collars in the past using these lions I bought from the hardware store...they are drawer pulls...some better quality then others . I am not a big fan of them as they are "kitschy" in my opinion ..but who am I to argue with the customer. The round spots are just upholstery tacks from Tandy

Here are some of them

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

Edited by LeatherLegion

Not a big fan of the lions (I'd be afraid of things catching on the rings) but I love the cut-outs and colour combinations! I have a feeling that pink/black would look good on Rika...

12 hours ago, LeatherLegion said:

I made collars in the past using these lions I bought from the hardware store...they are drawer pulls...some better quality then others . I am not a big fan of them as they are "kitschy" in my opinion ..but who am I to argue with the customer. The round spots are just upholstery tacks from Tandy

Here are some of them

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

Very nice collars the ring that you use to attach the dog leash is it strong enough to hold a big dog "Cane Corso"  and if don't mind me asking where did you get it thanks

5 hours ago, MacGowan said:

Very nice collars the ring that you use to attach the dog leash is it strong enough to hold a big dog "Cane Corso"  and if don't mind me asking where did you get it thanks

I had those ring custom made locally in a machine shop. Most of the dogs i made collars were over 100lb and the ring held just fine . That being said , they are not meant to be used as an agitation collar , bite work and so on .

They look really well made great craftsmanship, do you have a Facebook page are Instagram.

LeatherLegion, very nice dog collars indeed... wink, wink, cough cough.  But shouldn't those really be in the Adults Only-NSFW forum? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RemingtonSteel said:

LeatherLegion, very nice dog collars indeed... wink, wink, cough cough.  But shouldn't those really be in the Adults Only-NSFW forum? :rolleyes:

Not those ones...lol...

On 5/14/2021 at 9:55 AM, LeatherLegion said:

I had those ring custom made locally in a machine shop. Most of the dogs i made collars were over 100lb and the ring held just fine . That being said , they are not meant to be used as an agitation collar , bite work and so on .

Very nice, training to be a decoy for PSA and decided I'd rather build some of the training tools than buy them...