Sign in to follow this  
Rosch22

Movement presser foot

Hi guys,

have a new project with higher material. But the presser foot of my ADLER 167-73 is too low to handle the thickness.

The specs out of the books say max foot lift 7mm, but I'm quiet away from those 7mm, means less (in fact 4,5-5mm).

Anybody has a technical hint to fix that and reach at least the 7mill ?

Thank You in advance.

@Rosch22,  I have a 441 clone, and the height of the walking foot and the presser foot can be adjusted for different thicknesses of leather. I don't have a Adler 167, so I am not a hundred percent sure, but I think the Adler 167 and its sub models has a similar adjustment.  This is an excerpt from an Adler 167 manual that I found, that talks about the adjustment. Loosen the nut and move the connection rod slide up to get a higher stroke which in turn increases the foot lift height.  Mark/note where it is currently at so you can set it back to that position if this does not help.  Give it a try and let us know it it works for you.

image.PNG.79e4b21f6c0d725629eb1d8c693c4709.PNGdirections.PNG.064c28823a4ff6351c46a5a52e5008f3.PNG

FYI, many here call the connection rod slide the "banana slide" as its curve resembles that of a banana.

Edited by RemingtonSteel

Yes, thank You....that feature I know.

But if I move the wing nut from bottom of the " banana" to its highest poition, not much happens to the hight of the presser foot. I need one step deeper into the materia.

You neef to alter the height of the presserbar 

from the service manual :

Presser bar height adjustment
Required adjusting gauge: dimension block 46 (7 mm)
partNo.981130005
1. Raise lifter lever 47. Fig. 3.
2. Attach hinged foot.
3. Place dimension block 46 underneath hinged foot on to throat
plate.
4. Slacken screw 48.
5. Lower presser bar 49 down to the dimension block 46.
6 . Tighten screw 48.

image.png

In the picture its aan rollerfoot nut its the same procedure for an walking foot 

and the Gauche van be a piece of wood or something else with the right size 

Sorry, auto correct om my ipad only does dutch so changes everything 

Hi Michiel,

thank You for the information, but this I went through already.

This adjustment regulates the height of pressure foot when lifted with lifter.

The movement while sewing is too low. So it must be adjusted along this movement.

Are the inner and Outer foot both rising not high enough?

or is one doing it beter than the other ?

btw: my interpretation of “ footlift “in the specifications is the Max  distance between the machine bed and feet and not the movement of the feet While sewing (but That is how i read it)

my adlers in that class have an footlift about 7 mm but i think the movement of the foot is also more like ca 4 mm

regards Michiel 

Hi folks,

have been busy looking around, to serve my problem and contacted also a pro for a hint ;)))) !

He send me a link for the adjustments of a Pfaff 545, which has about the same features as the ADLER does.

Now what I finally did was, bringing the small pressure foot a few millimeters more down (look at picture, that can be adjusted by those two screws, when the needle touches the needleplate with feet up), which has the effect, that the bigger presser foot moves those millimeter higher in walking mode, the smaller then a bit lower.

If brought into a usefull relation, all is fine and at WORKS finally very well ! ;))

Have a nice weekend all together !

R968156a09102bb7c213e4f78d80c940c.jpg.0a5210921823bf167ec4c8ba8bf9ee6b.jpg!!!