spurdude101

CB 4500 inline presser foot skipped stiches

Bob at Toledo sewing machine sent an inline presser foot set up for the machine. I use the holster plate when I use the set up. It will sew 12 -13 oz. leather really nice and it's great for narrow places. But when I go up in thickness like on a holster binding and increase the thickness to about 16 oz. or more every 5 or 6 stitches misses one stitch. If I watch I can catch it and re do the stitch but what a pain. any ideas? ps. If I switch back to the standard feet I have problem.

A picture showing what you are trying to stitch set up in the machine will help. One picture with the front foot up fully and one with it fully down taken from the cylinder end view. It could be that the leather is too soft and spongy and needs a larger needle.:dunno:

Could be the back foot is badly height adjusted or could be a different foot may work better such as the one that presses down in front of the needle.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:38 AM, spurdude101 said:

Bob at Toledo sewing machine sent an inline presser foot set up for the machine. I use the holster plate when I use the set up. It will sew 12 -13 oz. leather really nice and it's great for narrow places. But when I go up in thickness like on a holster binding and increase the thickness to about 16 oz. or more every 5 or 6 stitches misses one stitch. If I watch I can catch it and re do the stitch but what a pain. any ideas? ps. If I switch back to the standard feet I have problem.

Make sure it's centered correctly,you might need to give it more foot pressure to hold the leather down when you sew thicker.

You might get better results if you can use the flat slotted plate, or even the standard feed dog and flat plate.

If the above is not an option, you may need to tweak the timing of the hook. Or, try increasing the throw of the check spring by moving the bottom stop bracket so the spring goes farther down before bottoming out.