connerh04

Landis or Champion 5 in 1

I have no idea which cutter I have here it is an old 5 in 1. It was mid-restoration when I acquired it but now I need to figure out how to put the pieces back together. Anybody have manuals OR be willing to send me some pictures of the gears and guts of their own cutters? I found a messy drawing on shoe systems plus, but it doesn’t give me enough...any help is appreciated. I have a couple buckets of parts, I’ll try and add some pictures if I can figure it out.

Edited by connerh04
More info

So...it wasn’t too hard to put it together, but I believe I am missing some parts. So now I’m on the hunt...who’s got a junker?

On 5/30/2021 at 2:21 AM, pogue44 said:

Post a picture can probably help you out.

No photo description available.

Here it is, from all my research so far I have come to find out it is most likely a Champion Model H - I am looking for the top roller, and a gear cover - I need blades too, but I haven't ordered them yet. I had reached out to shoe systems plus, and they do have a top roller for Landis, but I haven't checked the width of the roller and the OD of the shaft to make sure the fit is the same Landis/Champion. Seems like I could use an arbor bushing with a keyway, or talking to Bruce Johnson, he said he has a machine shop turn one out for him fairly reasonably. That gear cover though...would be nice to have, but I think it may be a pipe dream. (Added) I do have the stop collar for the cutting wheel also, I just took this picture as I was putting it together and realizing what big parts were missing.

Edited by connerh04

I have one of these Champion machines coming in at the end of the month.  It's going to be a parts machine.  PM me and I can send you some pricing on the parts that you are looking for.