palvim

JUKI DNU-1541 hook on vertical axis?

Hello All,

I was just browsing JUKI site and came across the Juli DNU-1541 picture with the hook part looking similar to the 1508 machine. I.e. on vertical axis. Is this really true or is it that the photographer or rendering guys went a little too creative :-)

163768865-origpic-5c6247.jpg

That is not a 1541, even though it says that on the label. The 1541 has a horizontal hook with an end loaded bobbin accessed under the sliding plate on the left of the machine bed. This is a Juki DNU-1541: 

dnu15417.jpg

I found this in the 2021 catalog. It seems there is a machine called DNU-1541/X55245 which is a modified 1541 for thick thread. It can go up to thread Nm 8/3 !! 

Screenshot_20210517-210021.jpg

The picture in the catalogue of the 1541 is wrong.   They both look like the 1508.  

glenn

They don't look like my Juki DNU-1541S.

kgg

2 hours ago, kgg said:

They don't look like my Juki DNU-1541S.

kgg

Let's see a picture of your 1541. I say it has a horizontal, end accessed hook; not a drop in left side hook like the 1508 and old 563.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

Let's see a picture of your 1541.

The in the catalogue photos there are two major differences from my Juki DN1541S other then the accessories I installed for my needs.

i) the bobbin on mine is accessed by sliding the bobbin access plate to the left and sliding the bobbin horizontally in the bobbin case vs the double plate in the above catalogue photos where the bobbin is in the vertical position like the 1508 or the older 563.

ii) the top thread tension assembly in the above catalogue photos is a multi tensioner system found on the 1508 versus the single tensioner system on my Juki DNU-1541S

kgg

K-7.jpg

Kgg's photo should put this argument to rest. The 1541 series have horizontal axis rotary hooks on the left end with push in bobbins; not vertical hooks with drop in bobbins. Also, some newer models have dual top tension assemblies to handle heavier thread.

I don't doubt that the 1541 and 1541s is a horizontal axis bobbin. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this version X55245 which seems like a new version of the 1541 type machine.