Sign in to follow this  
JHLeatherwood

Adler 30-1 near me - not sure I need it, but ...

I'm on the hunt for a good, used, cheap cylinder arm, so I'm spending a lot of time on CL and other online sale sites. This popped up about an hour from me for under $500 - description says it sews well, but I thought I'd throw a phot or two out and see what y'all think. 

Not sure I want a patcher, as my space is VERY limited, but this almost seems to good to pass up.

adler 30-1 3.jpg

adler 30-1 2.jpg

adler 30-1.jpg

The Adler 30-1 is a short arm, small bobbin patcher that is best limited to #69 (T70) bonded nylon thread. It can sew up to 5/16 inch if so adjusted, but is more comfortable at 1/4 inch of medium or soft temper leather.. The maximum stitch length is 5 per inch if the feed motion cam is not worn down. I have sewn on one with a worn feed cam and was lucky to get 8 to the inch into 6 ounces of leather.

A well maintained Adler patcher usually sells for between 800 and 1500. This one is going for only $500. Even if you have to replace the feed mechanism, you will come out ahead.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, Wizcrafts said:

The Adler 30-1 is a short arm, small bobbin patcher that is best limited to #69 (T70) bonded nylon thread. It can sew up to 5/16 inch if so adjusted, but is more comfortable at 1/4 inch of medium or soft temper leather.. The maximum stitch length is 5 per inch if the feed motion cam is not worn down. I have sewn on one with a worn feed cam and was lucky to get 8 to the inch into 6 ounces of leather.

A well maintained Adler patcher usually sells for between 800 and 1500. This one is going for only $500. Even if you have to replace the feed mechanism, you will come out ahead.

Thanks, Wiz. I'm going to pass on this one - I'm looking for a machine to sew with, not to re-sell or tinker with.

If someone else wants it, it's on Facebook marketplace in the Ocala FL area.