Sign in to follow this  
tsunkasapa

Tragedy On The Road

Saturday morning at 1:30AM, a drunk driver plowed through a construction zone killing one of the flaggers. The 21 YO had a blood/alcohol level of .27, more than 3 times the limit. Thankfully this was not my company or any of the people I have worked with through the years, but it still hits close to home. A young lady I had on my crew last year was offered a spot on that crew but chose not to take it. This is an extreme example of what we deal with out there, but drivers cause us all sorts of grief out there. And then they can't understand why I'm such an A-hole! I'm glad both of my certifications expire the first of next year. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Rant over

2 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Saturday morning at 1:30AM, a drunk driver plowed through a construction zone killing one of the flaggers. The 21 YO had a blood/alcohol level of .27, more than 3 times the limit. Thankfully this was not my company or any of the people I have worked with through the years, but it still hits close to home. A young lady I had on my crew last year was offered a spot on that crew but chose not to take it. This is an extreme example of what we deal with out there, but drivers cause us all sorts of grief out there. And then they can't understand why I'm such an A-hole! I'm glad both of my certifications expire the first of next year. I'm getting too old for this crap.

Rant over

I am sorry to hear that and totally agree with you. Living on I 80 I see this stupid driving crap everyday not only drunks and druggies but just plain stupid people in to big of a hurry. We had so many of our snowplows hit this year they couldn't keep up with plowing in some areas.  One of the worst pile ups on i80 happened not 20 miles from here winter before last. Had one of my school mates hit and killed flagging when i was a teen. Had my brother hit while riding his bicycle to work by  a drunk who didn't even know he had hit him until arrested, luckily it didn't kill him.