Help please, I have this aged leather protector.
https://www.amazon.com/Paperwhite-generación-caballete-visualización-automático/dp/B086RRHXS6?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
Help please, I have this aged leather protector.
And I love it, it's great!!! and I wanted to take care of it from day one. So I looked for things to clean the leather. They recommended just soap and water. I did that and they got those black spots. I got scared and looked for other products. They recommended leather moisturizer and I used it. I used it, left it for a while. Today when I look at it, it has more blackheads. Is there any solution to get rid of these blackheads and is there anything to clean this leather or do I just leave it there without doing anything? Thank you very much!!! 

IMG_20210518_111829-min.thumb.jpg.515cf7b7e7c3a9da48513cb504f5baa1.jpg

Fist off, soap and water should be SADDLE SOAP and water. Regular soap will strip all the oils out of the leather, even the good ones. As for getting rid of the black spots, you can try a bit of oxalic acid solution applied with a Q-tip but it will likely remove any age patina as well, leaving  "clean" spots. Personally, I would clean it well with saddle soap, give it a light taste of neatsfoot oil and follow with a coat of leather balm with atom wax.

16 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

En primer lugar, el agua y el jabón deben ser SADDLE SOAP y agua. El jabón común quitará todos los aceites del cuero, incluso los buenos. En cuanto a deshacerse de las manchas negras, puede probar con un poco de solución de ácido oxálico aplicada con un hisopo, pero es probable que también elimine la pátina de la edad, dejando manchas "limpias". Personalmente, lo limpiaría bien con jabón para silla de montar, le daría un ligero sabor a aceite de pata de buey y seguiría con una capa de bálsamo para cuero con cera atómica.

Thank you very much!!! I was sold a white liquid that I was told moisturizes the leather. But as you can see in the pictures, it looks like it has black dots. Because it already had black dots before from washing it with soap and water.

Edited by Chololatino