Sign in to follow this  
George1520

Looking for Pfaff 114 manual

I just got a new/old Pfaff 114 and I'm looking for the manuals.  It is not the new version that basically the singer 20u. The one I have is half Singer W 143 and the other half is Pfaff 145. 

I didn't have any luck finding the manuals on the web. I think they are more popular in Europe than the states. 

Thanks 

20210518_095536.jpg

20210518_095753.jpg

Edited by George1520

Not really - you find them sometimes but they are not wide spread. Another very equivalent is the Durkopp 252. I have a German langue 252 manual if that helps (not much I guess).

The one I got has domestic zig zag presser welded to an outside Adler foot. Not a very precise welding. Do you know if the the 138 will work?

The it looks like the Durkopp uses different presser feet. Are they the same as the Singer 107?  I'll try to see if an Singer presser bar is the same dimension. That way I might be able to use Singer 457 feet. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the machine. 

Yes, the Dürkopp 252 is using the typical Singer industrial feet. I will check the diameter and foot bar - needle bar distance on my 107w / 143w later so you can compare if it is the same on the 114. If so a Singer 111w foot bar should work.

If it was a Singer based machine you could even use 20U, 107w, 143w and 457 needle plate, feed dogs and all the feet. But Pfaff always was / is a bit special and therefore often the part prices are sky high. The Pfaffs are more comfortable but the availability off accessories makes Singer my favorite brand. Just recently I bought 2 19mm wide feet for a bargain (made in China bu excellent quality). I want to customize them for sewing ZZ tacks.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/402635855188

But let me guess - Pfaff 138 feed dogs and needle plate could work for your machine. And without knowing I think the 138 feet could fit as well.

Edited by Constabulary

Foot bar diameter is 8.7mm. Distance between foot bar and needle bar is 14.8mm. Hope this helps.

Good guess the Pfaff 138 feed dog and plate fit, the problem is that the zig zag on my machine is 9 mm and the 138 is smaller. But the singer 111 presser bar fits and I will have the option to find a presser that will match the current feed dog.

Talking about favorite machines. Would you rather have a Singer 457 or 143 over a pfaff 438? I still need to set a zig zag  machine that would do a raw edge on leather and spacer mesh.

20210519_130344.jpg

Check the feet I have linked above - they have a 12mm wide slit. But I received them in chrome instead of black but I really like the quality. Crazy cheap price!

I also have a Singer 307G2 - extremely smooth running machine. And it can use the needle plates and feed dogs of the above mentioned Singer models too - it has 2 sets of screw holes for needle plate - don´t ask me why its not mentioned in the manual. I like a lot better that the 138 (had one many years ago). I never have used a Singer 457 and my 143w just set up for 8mm ZZ but I still have to play with the ZZ timing a bit. The 307G2 also has the same hook as my107w and 143w.

While looking for wide ZZ plates for my 143 I came across this set - it pretty much looks as if it could fit the 138 or your 114 - or not? Maybe worth trying. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144017485507

Edited by Constabulary

On 5/19/2021 at 2:30 AM, Constabulary said:

Yes, the Dürkopp 252 is using the typical Singer industrial feet. I will check the diameter and foot bar - needle bar distance on my 107w / 143w later so you can compare if it is the same on the 114. If so a Singer 111w foot bar should work.

If it was a Singer based machine you could even use 20U, 107w, 143w and 457 needle plate, feed dogs and all the feet. But Pfaff always was / is a bit special and therefore often the part prices are sky high. The Pfaffs are more comfortable but the availability off accessories makes Singer my favorite brand. Just recently I bought 2 19mm wide feet for a bargain (made in China bu excellent quality). I want to customize them for sewing ZZ tacks.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/402635855188

But let me guess - Pfaff 138 feed dogs and needle plate could work for your machine. And without knowing I think the 138 feet could fit as well.

hi Constabulary,... i figure that you know a lot of dürkopp 252 series.. I'm restoring a 252-4, and is have now simanco feet, and unknown needle plate and feed dog...and an original dr8ve belt yet... Brazil has a lack of old durkopp supplies.. could you suggest needle plate/feed dog alternatives and maybe, some belt supplier??? thanks

20211027_210018.jpg

20211027_210137.jpg

20211027_210246.jpg

20211027_210026.jpg