Sign in to follow this  
TensawLeather

Randall 45 blue gun

I have a request for a holster for a Randall Combat 45. Looks like the 1911 copy to me. I have not been able to fine a blue gun for this model. Can someone advise where I can find a blue gun for this model or what other 1911 style blue gun, if any, will work for the molding of the holster?

Thanks for any and all input.

A9D237EA-D216-40C4-806A-FDF390EE53B3.jpeg

Edited by TensawLeather

4 minutes ago, TensawLeather said:

I have a request for a holster for a Randall Combat 45. Looks like the 1911 copy to me. I have not been able to fine a blue gun for this model. Can someone advise where I can find a blue gun for this model or what other 1911 style blue gun, if any, will work for the molding of the holster?

Thanks for any and all input.

if its this one?   "In production for less than two years, the California-made Randall M1911 hails from the Reagan-era and is a solid piece of firearms history that is increasingly collectible."   

Then any 1911 copy will work with the same barrel length. 

The Randall was simply a stainless 1911.They were produced in both full size (5 inch barrel) and Commander (4.25 inch barrel) size.

35 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

if its this one?   "In production for less than two years, the California-made Randall M1911 hails from the Reagan-era and is a solid piece of firearms history that is increasingly collectible."   

Thanks for the info!

16 minutes ago, Charley1 said:

The Randall was simply a stainless 1911.They were produced in both full size (5 inch barrel) and Commander (4.25 inch barrel) size.

Thank you!

37 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

This one shows made in Hartford Connecticut. I’ll try to get more info on it. Thanks again

3EC50FE8-DDCD-45F3-BF19-15064DC6272F.jpeg

1 hour ago, TensawLeather said:

This one shows made in Hartford Connecticut. I’ll try to get more info on it. Thanks again

3EC50FE8-DDCD-45F3-BF19-15064DC6272F.jpeg

Are you sure it isn't a Remington Rand frame as that is really collectable, it would be a ww2 era contract gun made by Remington in Hartford. And would be an exact copy of the original colt 1911

check the frame this appears to have had a different slide fitted as most 1911s have matching frames and slides. the frame appears to show more wear than the slide. either way it is still a 1911 pattern so the 1911 blue gun will work.

Edited by chuck123wapati

That gun pictured has a Gold Cup type slide fitted.  There is a sight rib milled into the slide.  A standard 1911 Blue Gun will not work without modification.  

Oh, and based on the picture above the gun is a Colt 1911, with the Randall slide.  70S serial number range puts the frame as from a 1979 Series 70 MK IV Government Model

Edited by Joon1911

1 hour ago, Joon1911 said:

That gun pictured has a Gold Cup type slide fitted.  There is a sight rib milled into the slide.  A standard 1911 Blue Gun will not work without modification.  

Oh, and based on the picture above the gun is a Colt 1911, with the Randall slide.  70S serial number range puts the frame as from a 1979 Series 70 MK IV Government Model

Ok thanks for this info. I will go back to the owner and see what he knows about it’s history.

You can  add the "rib" to the bluegun, not that hard. I've made dummy laser sights and other additions to my holster molds, some even held on with clear packing tape. Nice to be able to add and take away different features from the mold, saves money and usually time.

19 hours ago, Joon1911 said:

good eye mine are to old to see that very well! Amazing that one would add a Randall slide to a colt frame from what i have read Randalls are pretty collectable and few were made sure would love to have the lefty version though. I have used a strip of leather taped to the top of the blue gun to simulate the rib and on others to get rid of the "hump" and create a sight channel maybe that would work here as well.

One other small point to consider is that the Randall was offered in either right-hand or left-hand versions. The left-hand model was a mirror image, all the various features and controls (safeties, slide release, ejection port, mag release, etc) configured for left-hand operation.

Need I say EXTREMELY COLLECTIBLE?

Bro, I really want to help you, because I was in a similar situation last year. I am a big fan of firearms and I often buy myself a new weapon (about once a year). I won't say that I have a large arsenal of firearms, but there are enough guns that I show off to my guests. I have a separate room for all the rifles and last year I ran into a problem. I go hunting with only one rifle, but that day I decided to go with another. I realized that the sight on it is just disgusting. I couldn't aim and didn't kill any of the animals. I went home and started looking for options for a better sight and my friend advised me to just buy me the best beretta 950 accessories. I did so and now I'm happy. By the way, the rifle is much better than the previous one. Therefore, I advise you to do the same. Good luck!

Edited by zasqwer