Can anyone here, point me in the right direction?  I am wanting to make a cell phone case for an iPhone 12 Pro, but I am not sure what size or style of clip to use.  Anyone know if a guide that shows what size belt clips go with what size item?

I usually make them to thread a belt through, clips tend to slid up and off the belt. By there are many places to get clips. Tandy has em and any other leather supply place. Most clips don’t match the size of the item made but the size of the belt (1 1/2 inch is the norm)

Edited by Doc Reaper

Back when I first got my Samsung Note 8 . . . I already had a case I had made for my Iphone 5 . . . and I really liked the design.

So I made it the same . . .  have used it from day one when I finished it . . . obviously it is a bit worse for scratches, bumps and bruises . . . but it goes with me hunting . . . fixing my jeep . . . out to the wood shop . . . leather shop . . . when I'm working around the forge . . . 

Have never had an incident at all with the design or the execution of the design.  Nice part is there is no stitching . . . all rivets . . . :lol:

I also made 2 just like it for a former boss . . . he carried Samsung phones also  . . . but they were slimmer than mine.

My Samsung is in a rubber "bouncy" case as I tend to be a bit harder on tools than most people.

May God bless,

Dwight

cell phone back.jpg

cell phone front.jpg

These are probably the best clips out there at the moment for retention and durability. They come in multiple sizes and lengths and you can mount them to anything fairly easily. https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/HLR-Discreet-Gear-Clips™-c26960683

On 5/20/2021 at 6:30 AM, DirtyDusty said:

Can anyone here, point me in the right direction?  I am wanting to make a cell phone case for an iPhone 12 Pro, but I am not sure what size or style of clip to use.  Anyone know if a guide that shows what size belt clips go with what size item?

here is how i make them . With a double thick flap on the back. it can be used without a belt also just by sliding the flap inside you waistband  or into a pocket. I don't make the flap on the larger phones go all the way to the bottom of the case but they work just as well.

phone2.JPG

phonecase.JPG

phonecase2.JPG

I use these a lot. They lock onto your belt and are a good size. That's not exactly what I wanted to post. But it's a black extra large belt clip from Springfield 

Holster,XL,Black | Springfield Leather

Edited by Hags
Spelling and content

Some good ideas on here. I need to make a new, as in a better, holster for my phone. Its ok, but I want better.

My no.1 son says its the 'American' in me that makes me carry a phone in a holster on my belt

This is the type of case I make.  No hardware.  Slips on the belt.  Got the  idea from Chuck Dorset on Weaver YT videos.

20210419_153121.jpg

Edited by PastorBob
Added credit

4 hours ago, PastorBob said:

This is the type of case I make.  No hardware.  Slips on the belt.  Got the  idea from Chuck Dorset on Weaver YT videos.

20210419_153121.jpg

Nice job on that like that tooling.

1 hour ago, Samalan said:

Thank you!  That is one of Sergey's tools.

1 hour ago, Samalan said:

that is a nice looking case by all means. 

Very nice!

On 1/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, PastorBob said:

20210419_153121.jpg

Funny story, I made and used a phone holster like this several years ago. Went into a building, security guy stopped me and had me turn around... He goes "Oh its a phone holder, I thought you had a pistol" We both laughed about it.... 

Here is how I make mine:

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

On 1/11/2022 at 1:02 PM, sbrownn said:

Here is how I make mine:

Looks very nice..  I like the two tone and stitching.   The button clasp, too.    I made like the one above with the "Chuck Dorsett" look, but with the belt loops it looks way too chonky so I don't wear it. It' mainly a  'show and tell' piece on my work bench for when friends visit me.

Made 2 different molds on my Haas toolroom mill. One is for the Iphone 12 and the other Iphone 13 which was a little deeper cause the wifey has a stand attached to hers. While I was at it I engraved my logo. 

IPHONE MOLDS.jpg

7 minutes ago, Patrick1 said:

Made 2 different molds on my Haas toolroom mill. One is for the Iphone 12 and the other Iphone 13 which was a little deeper cause the wifey has a stand attached to hers. While I was at it I engraved my logo. 

IPHONE MOLDS.jpg

Love the clean design.  Nice tool work too!