Thescandall

Thanks for the add

I’m Randall from Crockett Texas  I’m new somewhat to this leather thing. I have always made sheaths for my custom knives and a gun belt or 2. But now at close to retirement age and lots of 6 shooters later I bought half a cow hide in 9-10 oz. I really never knew how big a dam cow was I guess .  I guess I feel leather rich right now. 

Im not a novice at just about anything crafty but with anything new comes challenges. 

My first big challenge has been machines to stitch. I ain’t got that kind of money so I bought an awl. Fixed that problem Hu. 

Now I built this gun-belt 20 years ago when paw died for his old ruger flattop. I killed a water snake on that Father’s Day. It looked like a rattler but was harmless and needed to die anyway. I  incorporated it into the belt and  pretty much guessed my way thru the thing. 

Drilled all the 1/16 holes for the stitching with my drill press. Hand stitched it and it’s lasted 20 years.

Its time for a new revised version now.

I look forward to picking brains on here for technical info. 

It won’t let me post a pic yet I guess 

I’ll try and shrink the pic size if I can figure it out. 

Howdy y’all 

Randall

Edited by Thescandall

Son of a gun. There it is. 

F5FED9EA-FFB2-49A5-8A4C-A147956EA698.jpeg

5 hours ago, Thescandall said:

Son of a gun. There it is. 

F5FED9EA-FFB2-49A5-8A4C-A147956EA698.jpeg

Nice job Randall! Welcome from Cleveland, Texas

5 hours ago, Thescandall said:

Drilled all the 1/16 holes for the stitching with my drill press.

Maybe to help reduce your time in creating stitching holes if you modified a multi hole Stitching Chisel to fit in the chuck of a drill press. Then just use the lever to press the Stitching Chisel down through the leather that way every hole would be identically spaced. By the way I do like the snake skin insert.