Made some personalized (name) key straps for friends...

Keystrap2.jpg

Keystrap1.jpg

Edited by JerrySaagar

Nothing better than to receive a handmade item from a friend, or to make one for one of yours.  Not only is it a blessing, it helps us continue to get better with our craft.  I watched a YT of Chuck Dorsett some time ago about hitting up yard sales and thrift shops to find used purses, etc. and buy them for cheap and take the hardware off and repurpose it.  There are some really neat rings and clasps on some of those purses one could use for key chains.

Nice way for friends to know how you feel about them.  One thing you might try is making some that they can fit a rolled up bill in for emergencies.  My pastor mentioned in a sermon one day that he has a nasty habit of leaving home without his wallet.  He has been left stranded at least once when he ran out of gas and had no cash or credit cards, nothing.  So I stitched him up a nice key fob that holds a rolled up bill.  I put some cash in when I gave it to him but you wouldn't have to for your friends.  If you have a lot of friends that could be costly!

Anyway, he couldn't believe that I remembered and was astounded that I did something to help.  Hopefully he will always remember when he looks at it that someone cared deeply about him.

Leatherwork can be an expression of love.  

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

Leatherwork can be an expression of love.  

@tug99  what a very cool gift idea.   And when you fill that niche idea as a gift, instead of something store bought, I'm sure it will be remembered even more by the recipient.  Even still, when I make a gift, I would like to think the person who is receiving would know I was thinking of them (in a good way) while making it. 

I try to fancy myself as someone who has a passion for this craft.  How could our works of passion be without love?   :rolleyes: