Mynx

Singer Machine identification

I can’t really tell what this machine is, someone posted it locally and was a little interested. It looks to be a triple feed machine, but can’t really think of anything that look like this. Thanks

420B5AAB-202D-43D6-8480-36080C2C5D1A.jpeg

You need to get a picture of the front of the machine to ID it. Also, ask for a picture showing the foot/feet from the outside left. This will reveal if it is a walking foot of any type and whether it is needle feed, dual top/bottom feed, or triple/compound feed.

To me it looks like the singer version that the Consew 28 was based on.

If so, it is not triple feed - they are needle feed with a walking foot and no feed dog.

Edit:  I think they are cool - but I’d only pay about $100 for one in good working condition - $50 for the apparent condition of this one.   Parts will be hard to get.   

Edited by DonInReno

10 minutes ago, DonInReno said:

To me it looks like the singer version that the Consew 28 was based on.

If so, it is not triple feed - they are needle feed with a walking foot and no feed dog.

Edit:  I think they are cool - but I’d only pay about $100 for one in good working condition - $50 for the apparent condition of this one.   Parts will be hard to get.   

Ahh yeah I think you’re right about it being needle feed. Its hard to tell from the picture. The seller said it’s in a storage locker, so they won’t get back to me with other pictures for a few days unless I buy it straight up. Just based on shape and the back it looks like a Singer 78 class machine to me. Was just looking for another opinion. They’re looking for $100 with table and motor. The machine definitely looks seized and in pretty rough shape, so will probably pass on it. Thank you.

I think you’re correct on the 78-series.  It looks like the 78-2 with the bobbed-off deck for sewing mattresses.  Good repair machine for tight areas.  I’d love to have one of them.

Here’s a photo of the back side of my 78-3 if it will help any with identification.

CD in Oklahoma

Machine604_03.jpg