matcanada

Pfaff 345 h2 to sew leather?

Hello everyone,

I found an opportunity to purchase a Pfaff 345 h2 (345-H2-671B). From what I can discern from several posts on this site is that the H2 model is not well suited for leather. However, the seller claims that it can sew through leather no problem. My goal would be to use the machine to sew leather bags/purses in 4-6oz leather ideally with TEX 90 thread. Below is a picture of the machine's plate which the seller sent me. Would this machine be up to the task?

1352453163_PfaffPlate.jpg.98ed31d5d4cebb3f4eae31bf200774d4.jpg

Edited by matcanada

Hi, I cannot imagine a huge difference between the H2 and H3 machines???

After a ton of searching around, I found the answer for all future people who have the same question. The difference between the H1-H2-H3-H-4 for the PFAFF 345 and 335 is the lift height of the presser foot. The H1 and H2 only go up around 1/4 inch whereas the H3 and H4 go up 3/8 inch. The needle size is also different: H1 and H2 use size 134 needles  whereas the H3 and H4 use size 134-35 needles All of the different models can be used for leather, but the H3 and H4 allow for thicker leather to be used since more can be crammed under the presser foot.