Usmcfire317

Wine Tote Bag

Can anyone suggest how to post a picture and have it come up automatically without having to download file? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Usmcfire317 said:

Can anyone suggest how to post a picture and have it come up automatically without having to download file? Thank you.

The only suggestion I have for your wine tote is to add something to prevent the bottles from knocking together.  Here's a wine tote I made using waxed canvas and cordura with a felt inner lining and padded bottom.  I use a simple (line 20) snap to keep the bottles separate.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about "...without having to download file".  If you are attaching a photo to your message, you are UPloading (not downloading) the message and photo.  If you have your photo on your computer,  just use the paperclip icon at the bottom of the editor to add your photo.  If your photo is hosted on another site (Smugmug, etc.) you'll need to add a little code around the URL for your photo.  As I said, I'm not quite clear on what you're asking, but if you try again we will do our best to help.

IMG_6482.JPG

14 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

The only suggestion I have for your wine tote is to add something to prevent the bottles from knocking together.  Here's a wine tote I made using waxed canvas and cordura with a felt inner lining and padded bottom.  I use a simple (line 20) snap to keep the bottles separate.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about "...without having to download file".  If you are attaching a photo to your message, you are UPloading (not downloading) the message and photo.  If you have your photo on your computer,  just use the paperclip icon at the bottom of the editor to add your photo.  If your photo is hosted on another site (Smugmug, etc.) you'll need to add a little code around the URL for your photo.  As I said, I'm not quite clear on what you're asking, but if you try again we will do our best to help.

IMG_6482.JPG

Thank you. I have a piece of leather that was sewn in to prevent the bottle clanking.  Wanted to add more pictures but went over the size limit. Guess I will have to reduce them even more.

wine7.jpg

1 hour ago, Usmcfire317 said:

I'm not sure, but it could have to do with the file format used with your first post here, which shows four .jfif files. For this site, the preferred file format is .jpg. 

When I want to display an image I simply drag it over from my desktop and that attaches it to my post.

Pic need to be Risizer app then it words

It looks really good.  If it is lined, then you probably want to stitch the entire perimeter (including the flap cover) to ensure no de-lamination.

YinTx

9 hours ago, YinTx said:

It looks really good.  If it is lined, then you probably want to stitch the entire perimeter (including the flap cover) to ensure no de-lamination.

YinTx

9 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

Pic need to be Risizer app then it words

Thank you

21 hours ago, Usmcfire317 said:

Wine Tote Bag I made for the Father in Law. I'm new to leather work (about 4 months) please let me know what you think and any suggestions to make it better.

wine2.jpg

wine1.jpg

Thanks for everyone's help. I re posted this in Critique My Work filed under Double Tote Wine Bag. 

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/95930-double-wine-tote-bag/ 

21 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

IMG_6482.JPG

then the box wont fit lol. Darn nice project indeed!

hey really dig the blue leather.  What is it?  

if your photos are on your phone you can text them to yourself to make them smaller.  I use an android messenger app on my desktop computer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging) that allows me to use my desktop browser instead of the mobile app (for when I'm at my desk).    It makes it easier to download from messenger browser app to this forum.   Just thought I'd share something that works for me.

~JL

Thanks for the hint for photo resizing.....I'll get it down sooner or later.

The leather, not exactly sure what it is. I got it from Tandy, in a store. One of those things, around 30 sq ft but only $40. Figured it would be a good practice piece if anything. I'll try to ID it and let you know.