Redbeard7

Singer machine

Can anyone help out with the model of this machine? Would it be something that could sew some lighter weight items like wallets? 

8BCF0D43-BC5E-4D4B-B10C-14A8BCE705F1.jpeg

You should look on that little plate under the round one for the model number.

Makes it easier for someone to help you.

Ferg

I’ve tried asking the seller that and either she’s incompetent and can’t tell me or doesn’t really want to sell it...

Singer 66 with an oscillating hook.  A later model with reverse.

This is not a 66. It has an end mounted horizontal axis bobbin. The model 66 have vertical drop in bobbins. It could be a 15 class or a model 201. The brass tag should have the model number. If that is missing, the serial number can be looked up on Ismacs and it will reveal the model and date of manufacture.

Back to the OP's question about its usability for wallets; it can sew wallet interiors with #69 bonded nylon thread using a #18 leather point needle. It will do better on slick top grain leather that doesn't get dragged by the steel presser foot. I would say it can sew about 6 ounces of small leather pieces; 8 ounces soft temper max.

9 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

This is not a 66....

You might want to take another look at it, Wiz.

CD in Oklahoma

Thanks to all have replied!

On 6/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, Wizcrafts said:

This is not a 66. It has an end mounted horizontal axis bobbin. The model 66 have vertical drop in bobbins. It could be a 15 class or a model 201. The brass tag should have the model number. If that is missing, the serial number can be looked up on Ismacs and it will reveal the model and date of manufacture.

It's a 66.  The Singer 15 has the tension dial on the end plate.  The 201 has a little white power switch at lower right.  I don't know how you can tell the orientation of the hook under a cover plate.  The 66 is really only suitable for fabric or maybe very light leather.