HanSewlo

AXIS 2962B - Is anyone familiar with this machine?

This is a clone of a Singer 29k72 shoe and boot patcher. The brand is unknown to me. Buyer beware. You may have to set it up and correct manufacturing defects yourself. The seller seems to know very little about the machine and English doesn't appear to be his native language. The price is for the head only. There is no motor or table. The seller doesn't have bobbins for it and suggests that buyers look on the Internet for parts.

As Wiz said it is a Singer 29k72 clone. The AXIS brand appears to be Tomsewing (www.tomsewing.com) which is Liya international Group (http://www.liyainternational.com) house brand who mostly deal in used sewing equipment out of China. These machines can also be found on Ebay. Good, bad or indifferent who knows but I would expect little after sales support.

kgg

To be fair unless you buy from a mainline dealer in your country you can expect little or no support regardless of whatever country you buy in, also returning goods is near impossible due to costs involved,, but thats why main dealers have a healthy price well beyond many hobby budgets

At least it is new so spares should be available and no more difficult than old singer 29's a nd their clones that are near impossible as discontinued many decades ago 

Edited by chrisash

Wow, thanks for all the info guys. 

Way late to the thread, sorry about that. The axis patcher is made at the same plant as consew. The axis will use the same parts as the consew, and if I were going to purchase one from Amazon it would be only one I’d buy. They run around 1000$, but drop to 500$ every once in a while.