The guy who was making $200 belt rollers never came back, so I went trolling through the interwebs to see if there were any alternatives to the $600-900 manual belt rollers.

These are designed for jewelry making, and apparently adjust from 0.03 to 6.5 mm between the rollers. They sell patterned rollers, so they're clearly interchangeable.

I wonder if one of these could be modified (by someone more skilled than I am) to accept standard belt embossing rollers. 

These are on ebay for well under $200, or at jewelry-making equipment suppliers for up to lots more than $200. 

The concept is the same - so what do y'all think? Could this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153907704169

rollingmill.jpg

I don't have their machine, but trust the owners of the company to provide a high quality solution.  They are out of Oklahoma.

http://www.bunkhousetools.com/Home.html

Not affiliated, just a loyal customer.

2 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

I don't have their machine, but trust the owners of the company to provide a high quality solution.  They are out of Oklahoma.

http://www.bunkhousetools.com/Home.html

Not affiliated, just a loyal customer.

I poked around their site a bit, and if they're still selling the roller machine for $400, and embossing rols for $25 (with first order), that's certainly a bargain. 

They apparently are no longer on ebay (at least there's no listings, and no store name for duckcreektraders) so I kind of wondered if they were still in business, or if the machine was still available. Their site says it's custom made to order.

Thanks for the tip and the reminder.

Still wondering if I could get away with half the price using the el cheapo rolling mill, but I'd guess I could recoup the cost by selling about a dozen belts or so.

1 minute ago, JHLeatherwood said:

I poked around their site a bit, and if they're still selling the roller machine for $400, and embossing rols for $25 (with first order), that's certainly a bargain. 

They apparently are no longer on ebay (at least there's no listings, and no store name for duckcreektraders) so I kind of wondered if they were still in business, or if the machine was still available. Their site says it's custom made to order.

Thanks for the tip and the reminder.

Still wondering if I could get away with half the price using the el cheapo rolling mill, but I'd guess I could recoup the cost by selling about a dozen belts or so.

They are still open for business.  I just ordered a custom stamp from them last week.  Quick turnaround.  Use the contact us page for a quick reply.

47 minutes ago, JHLeatherwood said:

. . . They apparently are no longer on ebay (at least there's no listings, and no store name for duckcreektraders) so I kind of wondered if they were still in business, or if the machine was still available.

. . .

I can still find them on ebay-uk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/duckcreektraders/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

16 hours ago, JHLeatherwood said:

. . .

These are designed for jewelry making, and apparently adjust from 0.03 to 6.5 mm between the rollers. They sell patterned rollers, so they're clearly interchangeable.

I wonder if one of these could be modified (by someone more skilled than I am) to accept standard belt embossing rollers. 

. . . 

The concept is the same - so what do y'all think? Could this work?

I think they could be used, but as far as I can see, only the roller on the outside can be changed so you'd be limited to what can be fitted on there

if the installed roller would fit standard embossing wheels it would work. If not you will have to take it apart and have one of the rollers specially made to fit. You will have to get a machinist to make that and that will be an added cost. Plus I don't see any real easy way to change the wheels except to take it all apart every time.