LanceR

Help identifying swing away edge guide?

Hello, All

I'm new to sewing and I bought this Consew 226R-2 at auction a bout 10 days ago.  It came with this swing away edge guide and If someone can tell me just what it's for I'd be grateful. 

Thanks

Lance

20210529_103503.thumb.jpg.7b3806129a13e726224750ed1c08e2dc.jpg

1 hour ago, LanceR said:

I'm new to sewing and I bought this Consew 226R-2 at auction a bout 10 days ago.  It came with this swing away edge guide and If someone can tell me just what it's for I'd be grateful. 

To get a good answer could you give a get a photo from the front and what the stamped information says (numbers and manufacturer info) . The stamped info then can be tracked back to the manufacturer and it's intended propose. The attachment appears to be made by Tennessee Attachment Company (tennattachment.com).

The machine appears to have had the original pressor foot removed, possibly the feed dog changed and the bottom thread guide and screw located just before the needle appears to have been replaced with a make shift guide arrangement.

kgg

Good call.  It comes back as a "Pre-made cord welt folder guide.  http://www.tennattachment.com/741 Pre-Made Cord Welt Folder.html

Here's a picture of the feed dog area.  The machine came without any feet.  I bought it from the North Carolina state surplus site and it came from the NC Department of Corrections.

Thanks for the reply and best regards,

Lance

20210606_161944.thumb.jpg.cbec04d66871a668135f0c5b7bec9195.jpg

It Looks like it is for sewing on piping??

Edited by jimi

On 6/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, jimi said:

It Looks like it is for sewing on piping??

Yes, it's for welting/piping.  For now it will come off and go in the tool chest that has my extra sewing things in it.

Best regards,

Lance