Somiskid

LETS SEE YOUR CHRISTMAS CREATIONS!!!

And November is way late to be starting to plan and make stuff especially if you are making for a few folks !

I work like mad under pressure. But no, I don't do ANYTHING for Christmas before November. I even turn the TV off when the ads come on.

A back issue of the leather crafter magazine had a pretty neat project making stockings.  Trim the top, the heel and the toe with decorations or names, etc.  That's on my list along with trying my hand at carving some Christmas cards.  (haha)

A few years ago Tandy did some free Christmas themed patterns. A different set each year. They could be adapted to put on just about anything

its birthday season for me, I'm making pencil sets on my lathe then making leather cases for them. I suppose they would work as well for Christmas also.

pencilset3.JPG

Made the belts and holster for my in-laws last Christmas. Made the stock cuff for my dad for Father’s Day.

B6BB453F-6DED-4A11-858A-D3CA02BEFCFA.jpeg

AB3FBA74-0AD1-4A8F-8671-B18220A15499.jpeg

C96CD980-46C9-4307-AFD7-14B0CC27EDA6.jpeg

14 hours ago, kiwican said:

And November is way late to be starting to plan and make stuff especially if you are making for a few folks !

Agreed! That's why I want to get out in front of it! 

I should admit that I bought a package of I think 50 coasters that I plan to place initials, and maybe a small doodle but hopefully that each won't take more than an hour, or so

19 hours ago, kiwican said:

yup, agree. even October is a bit late.

Year before last I made a handful, maybe 9 in total, I can't remember, leather book covers and included an A6 diary and a pen. Inside there is a panel piece front and back to hold the book covers and on each of those panels is a slot cut for a pocket

Book cover, type 2, Kathleen, 01bLWs.jpg  Book cover, type 2, Joyce, 01bLWs.jpg

I'm a slow worker. It took me several days to cut all the pieces and then about one evening to assemble each cover. I think I decided during late November to do these and some had to be ready for 5th December. Got them done ok, but it would have been maybe easier to have started them in September/October time