Sign in to follow this  
AlizabethThomas

Line finisher and Stitcher oil- machinists spindle oil?

My local shoe repair supply that is a leather store carries some Sellari's products, but not the heavyweight stitcher oil. I can't stand the smell of gear oil, it can be really nasty. I'm not sure if all fossil/mineral oil of that weight has to be so obnoxious. I also do not think that gears in a differential and the kind of lubrication they need is really the same as what an outsole or McKay stitcher's rotating and cranking parts need. I got to the point of buying a line finisher and will need to select an oil for the oil bath bushings and remembered my limited experience around milling machines and lathes and the presence of Mobil's Delo, Velocite, spindle oil... my memory and knowledge o these oils are limited. So I do know shoe machine equipment knowledge is really obscure and highly individualized. This guy uses this and that, another guy, does he even lubricate it? with just whatever oil? I'm looking for the optimal lubricants, and hopefully a person who knows what the Sellari's actually is inside the can and what it's appropriate for, from an engineering standpoint with the forces of each machine's parts considered.