3 hours ago, fredk said:

you're on! :lol:

No, I don't know. A fancy 'hand made' real genuine leather and real wood / grass diptera exterminator?

N.I. is both IN and Out of both the UK and EU. Confused?, so are we. I no longer do any smuggling, latest smuggling, afaik, has just been fuel, alcohol drinks, tobacco and illegal type drugs. I'm sorry this has hi-jacked your fly swatter thread

lol I'm on it! post a pic when your done.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:40 PM, tsunkasapa said:

I have a Bug Assault, a "shotgun" that shoots table salt. I like to take them on the wing. :)

There's the old tale of Creekbottom Joe, his paw and grandpaw. They've got a fly problem, so Joe chaws some plug, and lets fly. Down comes a fly.

"Dang, boy" says his paw, "ya gotta practice." His shot nails six.

"Children!" contributes grandpappy. His doesn't down a thing, and the fly goes on its way, buzzing in a high pitched tone.

Joe and his pa eventually stop laughing. "I thought you said..." gasps the lad.

" Well it was a kind act" grandpaw replies. "It'll never breed again, though."

7 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Thats the bamboo i was thinking about, maybe we need to have a flyswatter building competition lol.

This!

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

lol I'm on it! post a pic when your done.

02.00 here, time for bed but I'll be on it later

tsunkasapa, what the heck is a 'wetsider'?

19 hours ago, fredk said:

02.00 here, time for bed but I'll be on it later

here is mine lol bamboo shaft, its sustainable ! and a custom cork handle. Testing is ongoing as there is a loss of acceptable targets i may need to shorten the swatter a bit its kind dangly.

swatter.JPG

On 6/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, fredk said:

ah, there be the double catch, we are still UK as well so food etc still needs to go through the customs of EU - UK. It has to go through the customs and paperwork which ever place it come from. Thats why there is a row about it and nightly riots on our streets

Boris wants to force things by adding a tunnel to you. Might get interesting halfway, though, because that's where they dumped all the unwanted munitions at the end of WW2. Revenge for the cost overruns on London's Crossrail? Without a doubt. Anyway, I can't see  the  EU stopping an HST for six months...

is all this thread drift normal? It kinda sucks having to read all these threads that have nothing to do with the fly swatter. I could care less about reading all this other stuff. I'd get in on the make a swatter comp. but reading 3000 thread to get to my entry:censored2::ranting2::helpsmilie::no::begging::offtopic::offtopic:

5 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

is all this thread drift normal? 

yup, shore iz.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, chuck123wapati said:

here is mine lol bamboo shaft, its sustainable ! and a custom cork handle. Testing is ongoing as there is a loss of acceptable targets i may need to shorten the swatter a bit its kind dangly.

Nice one.

I've had a few days of un-wellness so I've not made mine yet. I need to see if I've got some bamboo

Just now, fredk said:

yup, shore iz.

Nice one.

I've had a few days of un-wellness so I've not made mine yet. I need to see if I've got some bamboo

Hope you feel better soon friend take care!

5 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

is all this thread drift normal? It kinda sucks having to read all these threads that have nothing to do with the fly swatter. I could care less about reading all this other stuff. I'd get in on the make a swatter comp. but reading 3000 thread to get to my entry:censored2::ranting2::helpsmilie::no::begging::offtopic::offtopic:

don't worry we will watch for it lets see what you got!

On 6/19/2021 at 1:08 AM, Rahere said:

Boris wants to force things by adding a tunnel to you. Might get interesting halfway, though, because that's where they dumped all the unwanted munitions at the end of WW2. 

you're behind the news. Its a bridge betwixt Ulster and Scotland, and work is actually going on - they are looking for a site for our end, actual surveying work not just, 'umm that looks a nice place' But its all on the q. t.  right now 

well it ain't much but it swats fly's real good:banana:

IMG_20210620_074704737.jpg

IMG_20210620_074711623.jpg

LOL!  I knew sooner or later someone was going to decorate their swatter!  :lol:

On 6/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, Sheilajeanne said:

tsunkasapa, what the heck is a 'wetsider'?

Washington state is the "Evergreen State". But that only applies to the strip between the Cascades and the Pacific. 2/3 of the state is desert. Those that live on the west side of the mountains are know by the rest of us as "Wetsiders". They flee the rainy, wet side where they live, to play over here. They are a blight like locusts. They make life a living hell for us and we hate them. We wish they would all die and leave us in peace. THAT is a "Wetsider".

2 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Pretty cool, but I gotta know, what keeps that fly from flying off the handle?

YinTx

2 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

LOL!  I knew sooner or later someone was going to decorate their swatter!  :lol:

lol mine is still dry unfinished and i was just waiting. 

3 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

IMG_20210620_074704737.jpg

IMG_20210620_074711623.jpg

nice indeed!

4 hours ago, YinTx said:

Pretty cool, but I gotta know, what keeps that fly from flying off the handle?

YinTx

its a very tight fit into the pocket, but if it loosens  up a small screw in the back will do the trick:thumbsup:

come on people we only have 3 swatters we can do better:whatdoyouthink::clapping:come on

17 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

c'mon where's your?

3 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

c'mon where's yours?

Corrected your grammar there. :whistle:

I don't have an appropriate handle. And I'm not going out to buy some bamboo stakes just so I can make a flyswatter.

19 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Corrected your grammar there. :whistle:

I don't have an appropriate handle. And I'm not going out to buy some bamboo stakes just so I can make a flyswatter.

lol, Here's your ( s ) back thanks :crazy: i was aving it for another thread but.... Hey its about a bit of fun no need to spend a dime and you dont need bamboo.

An old arrow would work.

Edited by chuck123wapati

Thought I'd join in by saying there is some sort of market here.....     :blink:
 Who knew?

swatter.jpg

29 minutes ago, JayEhl said:

Thought I'd join in by saying there is some sort of market here.....     :blink:
 Who knew?

swatter.jpg

45 bucks? not much of a profit margin LOL.

It must be the 'personalized wooden stick' that costs so much...