DaveP

Knife sheath with call sign

Here's a sheath I just completed. Wicket & Craig veg tan, dyed mahogany, saddle stitched with .8mm black tiger thread and used Kevin Lee stitching chisels. It has the recipients meaningful military call sign on it. I also made the knife with O D green micarta scales. What do you think?

Nomad 27 1.jpg

Second pic

Nomad 27 2.jpg

Edited by DaveP

Both are very nice!! 

Beautiful work!

I had numerous call signs during my time in the Army (airborne infantry pathfinders, Vietnam 1969-71). Then I had more call signs as a city cop. Went on to a state agency, more call signs. Finished up as a small town police chief, another call sign.

Most fun I had was the state agency. One of my functions as a supervisory investigator was coordinating radio communications with the state patrol, so I got to make up everyone's call signs. Mine was G-2, everyone else was G-3 through G-8, I saved "Gee Wiz" for the boss. The paperwork was already done so he had to live with that.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Beautiful work!

I had numerous call signs during my time in the Army (airborne infantry pathfinders, Vietnam 1969-71). Then I had more call signs as a city cop. Went on to a state agency, more call signs. Finished up as a small town police chief, another call sign.

Most fun I had was the state agency. One of my functions as a supervisory investigator was coordinating radio communications with the state patrol, so I got to make up everyone's call signs. Mine was G-2, everyone else was G-3 through G-8, I saved "Gee Wiz" for the boss. The paperwork was already done so he had to live with that.

Ha that's awesome !

51 minutes ago, kiwican said:

Ha that's awesome !

That's awesome! I had a few myself serving in the U.S.ARMY for 26 years!!

Thanks for the praise. Always trying to be better

In the Army I was known as "Tank". One night on maneuvers I was the radio man for my squad. On reaching our designated point we were to call in for more details.

It went something like "Zeke? Yeah, this is Tank, Wolfman wants to talk to Jesus." After a short pause the response was " Tank, Jesus is in the can, I'll have him rattle your can when he gets back."

We got a "lecture" about proper radio protocol, but I seriously doubt Charlie knew what we were talking about.