Sign in to follow this  
eddo

Singer 45K-93 parts help

Hi, I've cracked a major drive component in a 45k-93-  this is a 1964 late model 45 with reverse- image below.

I am seeking a replacement part, which I believe works in a cam- type arrangement? and links the main drive shaft to a rod which goes to the bottom of the machine.  As the machine is not yet freed up (thus the cracking!) I'm not sure what it does, or how exactly it works under movement-  but given I can't find the part in other exploded views of 45's I think it must be associated with the reverse function (not than many 45s have reverse)- image below shows the cracked part (view through top inspection hole with the top of the machine to the right)- about 5cm long fixed with two bolts.  Hoping someone can help, or guide me to  parts list or supplier of odd bits... I think this may be hard to find her in Tasmania, Australia. Oh,  when tapping parts with a hammer to free things up, remember to see what they are attached to before you decide how hard to tap... (and use a soft face hammer and/ or something like a piece of wood...hmmmm). 

IMG_20210619_151013_resized_20210619_031102712.jpg.991e9dc984c62c931d60efb6f0b2e448.jpgIMG_20210619_145431_resized_20210619_030148869.jpg.4e78d381db2a24b45fb37edaf85b2559.jpg

That link looks like the same one as all the other 45K's so your in luck there BUT you'll have to take the top shaft to be able to access that large screw on the bottom of the pic.So if I were you I'd dunk this in some kerosene or diesel fuel for a couple of weeks & it will help it came apart easier.