Just wanted to post a mixture of my work. Haven't posted much on here, but have been a member for a little while. Feel free to critique them.

These are just what I have pictures of currently. 

Wallet 6 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 7 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 8 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 10 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 11 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 12 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 2 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 3 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 4 (Medium).jpg

Wallet 5 (Medium).jpg

Belt 4 (Medium).jpg

Belt 6 (Medium).jpg

Belt 7 (Medium).jpg

Belt 1 (Medium).jpg

Belt 3 (Medium).jpg

Tote 1 (Medium).jpg

nice work

I especially like the multi colored edges.  Did you skive them or just glue them up full thickness?

16 minutes ago, sbrownn said:

I especially like the multi colored edges.  Did you skive them or just glue them up full thickness?

Not skived, just different thickness used for lining. 

Very nice work.  Your edges are spot on.

Ditto what the others have said!

Thanks everyone! Here is another Bifold wallet I just finished up. Made with Wickett & Craig Natural veg tan. 

E812275B-022D-4967-85B3-8D40630AE589.jpeg

758E8EE4-9E5A-45CB-A788-BBE62FF3627A.jpeg

A37A1419-68AD-4709-BEFE-F1F90D593003.jpeg

36109992-6C2C-4740-B3D1-F8E175AD1C54.jpeg

Nice indeed

Great work!  Really nice staged photos.  You should have no trouble selling these!

43 minutes ago, JayEhl said:

Great work!  Really nice staged photos.  You should have no trouble selling these!

Thanks! I actually just picked up a Sony A6100 to try an improve my product photography. Going to take some practice but I'm happy with how some of my photos are turning out so far. 

Nice looking shepherd! Mine just turned 2 the other week!

2055F7CB-3F11-415B-A13B-8764E6F4954C.jpeg

Edited by Rubicon04

Another wallet i have as well. Surprisingly no one has bought it yet. 

86C9B486-9F18-421F-BCE3-1BBCB34751C8.jpeg

4E13F988-5B60-4748-BB06-6FD79159A5C7.jpeg

B1087065-50F7-4B01-9D70-AEDA6400F3E0.jpeg

ABFE959C-F671-4AD5-AF78-58E1962D7BE9.jpeg

My leatherwork adventure is still in its beginning stages.  I hope to improve my work and production when I buy a sewing machine in the fall. (hopefully)

Looks like you're guy is waiting for you so you can go play.   

That picture was my favorite doggy, Bear.  He was a stray when I rescued him off the street (full of heart worms) and I had him for 7 wonderful years.  He crossed the rainbow bridge in 2016.  Still hurts thinking of him.  :(

My current guy is 4 and is almost identical, color and all.  He's waaaay more hyper (and aggressive/protective) but still acts like a puppy in the house.   The German Shepherd is my favorite breed and they've all been my best friends.  

15 hours ago, JayEhl said:

My leatherwork adventure is still in its beginning stages.  I hope to improve my work and production when I buy a sewing machine in the fall. (hopefully)

Looks like you're guy is waiting for you so you can go play.   

That picture was my favorite doggy, Bear.  He was a stray when I rescued him off the street (full of heart worms) and I had him for 7 wonderful years.  He crossed the rainbow bridge in 2016.  Still hurts thinking of him.  :(

My current guy is 4 and is almost identical, color and all.  He's waaaay more hyper (and aggressive/protective) but still acts like a puppy in the house.   The German Shepherd is my favorite breed and they've all been my best friends.  

I hope to buy a sewing machine soon and a leather skiver. Mostly want the sewing machine to help with bag making and larger items. I still plan to hand stitch all my wallets though. 

German shepherds have always been my favorite, they are an absolute joy to have around. He sits down in the leather shop with me most evenings and weekends and goes almost everywhere with us. Took him on my honeymoon this May. 

Your hand stitching is amazing. That camo wallet with the green pockets is very nice. Well done sir.

36 minutes ago, spacedog said:

Your hand stitching is amazing. That camo wallet with the green pockets is very nice. Well done sir.

Thanks! That is one of my favorite wallets. So much so that after a month of no one purchasing it, it became my wallet. 

Very nice work, love your edges especially. Well Done.

Thanks! Here are a couple more I’ve finished recently. 

8A759401-0F2C-4715-9C9B-63621AED9F1E.jpeg

7A12AD3B-2093-48BC-AB25-A16A6690D2A3.jpeg

Looking good.  Is that .6mm thread?

1 hour ago, PastorBob said:

Looking good.  Is that .6mm thread?

Thanks! and it is .6mm 

Have you experimented with skiving down the edges?  I have made a few wallets and my problem is that by the time I sew and glue up all the layers the wallet edges are too thick for my liking.  The solutions I see are either skiving the edges, splitting the leather thinner or purchasing lighter weight leather.  The problem with skiving is that I don't have a skiver and I don't want to do it by hand and the problem with the other two alternatives is that I like leather that has a factory pasted backside and if I split myself or purchase lighter weights then I have to paste the backsides myself...which never turns out as good as the factory backside pasting.  I've been looking for an old hand washer wringer to run my split leather through for hand pasting the backside but so far I haven't found anything I think would work good.  I have an 8" splitter I don't use so I was thinking of replacing the bottom feed roller with a smooth roller and seeing how that might work.  

38 minutes ago, sbrownn said:

Have you experimented with skiving down the edges?  I have made a few wallets and my problem is that by the time I sew and glue up all the layers the wallet edges are too thick for my liking.  The solutions I see are either skiving the edges, splitting the leather thinner or purchasing lighter weight leather.  The problem with skiving is that I don't have a skiver and I don't want to do it by hand and the problem with the other two alternatives is that I like leather that has a factory pasted backside and if I split myself or purchase lighter weights then I have to paste the backsides myself...which never turns out as good as the factory backside pasting.  I've been looking for an old hand washer wringer to run my split leather through for hand pasting the backside but so far I haven't found anything I think would work good.  I have an 8" splitter I don't use so I was thinking of replacing the bottom feed roller with a smooth roller and seeing how that might work.  

I don't skive my edges down. I usually am using between 3-4 oz leather for all the wallets I make. I have been playing with thinner leather for the card slots on my traditional bifolds, but I am still happy with the thickness I am currently at. A bell skiver is definitely in my future though. 

I’m totally impressed. You have a individual style. Hard to create these days.

will you share two items with me? 
1. how did you do the thread color switch  ( green to orange) on this wallet? May I see the stitching on the outside?

2. who made your stamp? I like your style.

thanks 
Joel

D14DD935-A59E-4A37-B831-F679957E11AC.jpeg

Edited by GrampaJoel

On 8/7/2021 at 7:03 PM, GrampaJoel said:

I’m totally impressed. You have a individual style. Hard to create these days.

will you share two items with me? 
1. how did you do the thread color switch  ( green to orange) on this wallet? May I see the stitching on the outside?

2. who made your stamp? I like your style.

thanks 
Joel

D14DD935-A59E-4A37-B831-F679957E11AC.jpeg

Thanks! and to answer your questions, The thread is olive green all the way around. I'm guessing the photo quality from having to shrink my photos to fit on the forum is what is making the thread look orange in the orange sections. 

Logo design is from an illustrator / tattoo artist up in Canada. He had purchased some of my stuff when i first started out and anymore we just do trades. I'll make him a new wallet and he makes me a new design. below are some of the other designs he's done that i have stamps for.  

N TREE L.jpg

Up North LEATHER CO png.png