A fellow wanted to get married in a rig. So I made an effort to make it special.

8.jpg

Most excellent!! Love the stitching and the lasing.  Wish I could learn to lase.  I think I'll watch a few videos on it.

If you are thinking this was done with a laser you are mistaken. This was stamped with a Sergey Stamp.

No laser was anywhere near this rig.

5 hours ago, MattW said:

If you are thinking this was done with a laser you are mistaken. This was stamped with a Sergey Stamp.

I think he meant Lacing. Beautiful Rig.

5 hours ago, MattW said:

I have one of those stamps from Sergey.  His stamps are awesome quality.  Looks great.  I just started a rig for my own piece using that style of pattern, except on this one, the pattern is a bit larger and cut by hand.  Hopefully it turns out nice enough where I can share some pics.  Nice work!!

Yes, I meant lacing.  After 60 years I still have fat fingers.  I also need to edit before hitting send.

Very impressive work.

Nice work!

Seriously wearing a gun at your wedding, what a strange request

well i think you pulled it off, that's some nice work.

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

Really?  You've never heard of a shotgun wedding?  I'm sure the 1911 is because he didn't want to carry something as unwieldy as a shotgun when he's up at the alter...

4 hours ago, chrisash said:

Happens often here in Texas - works well for fancy BBQ's as well... (i.e. a BBQ rig - a fancy pistol in a fancy holster)

Very nice work.:specool: I'm not a fan of lacing holsters (purely based on the aesthetics) but this one looks pretty good.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:09 AM, AzShooter said:

Yes, I meant lacing.  After 60 years I still have fat fingers.  I also need to edit before hitting send.

Very impressive work.

Lacing makes more sense. Lol. It just a simple wrap lace job with hand cut 1/2” wide chrome tan split.  The welt was stitched before the lacing.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:25 PM, dikman said:

Very nice work.:specool: I'm not a fan of lacing holsters (purely based on the aesthetics) but this one looks pretty good.

Agreed, lacing isn't usually my thing either but it works well on that holster and the attention to detail in the stampings is excellent.  Love the stag grips too, they've gotten crazy expensive for a nice bookend set. 

ETA- Love how I still get "New member" on an eleven year old account.  Yeah I know it's because I'm usually trying to learn something and very rarely post. 

Edited by Bajatacoma

Beautiful work!

The double edge stamping (or whatever it is called) looks fantastic, well it all looks fantastic actually.