AzShooter

Glad I Picked Up A Few Pieces Of Leather

I was in Tandy today and they had some Ostridge for sale.  I wanted to work with something difference and want to get going on making some wallets and card holders for friends and family.

I bought templates from Tandy and from Maker's Leather, so I'm on my way.

First attempt was a tri-fold wallet made with Python and lined with Pig.  I like the way it came out but I still need practice.  I tried my first Ostridge today and had it almost completed until I punched out the area between the credit card holders that I attached to the front instead of the inside of the wallet.  About 2 hours work destroyed.  I have to admit my stitching was very good but I'll never get to show it.

Second attempt, ( I was smart enough to get two hides ) is working out pretty well.  I'm using a tan hide and light brown pig interior.  The Ostridge is lined with RFI paper from Tandy and then black pig skin.  Inside is tan and the credit card holders are black.  I'll post pictures later. I'm too tired and need to STEP AWAY for a while.

Just to be different I'm using blue thread.

Just a rant of how my day is going.  I love doing this leatherwork but the temperature in the garage is over 110 degrees, no AC, lots of water but I'm going to go out at 3 a.m. to try to finish it.

Pic is the Python and pig interior before I assembled it, and then the finished wallet.

Python 1.jpg

Python  Outside 1.jpg

Hows your project going?  

You need to get yourself a window AC unit!! I'd never be able work in those temps! :o

Projects are coming along with the help I've gotten from this forum.  My stitching is much straighter and looks better.  I finished the Ostridge wallet after three attempts and made a small business card case.

I'm now working on a Shark Skin tri-fold wallet.  I did all the cutting today and added the Tyvek for the credit cards along with the RFID paper so that the cards are secure from someone copying the data.

Ostridge 1.jpg

First card case.jpg

Cool looking skin.  Was it hard for the needle/awl to punch through?

The Pricking Iron went through o.k. but I still had to use the awl to be able to get the needle through without a lot of effort.