Sign in to follow this  
Silky

Champion Model 77

Hi folks. I will be selling some items soon, including one like the item pictured. The pic was online as an example. Mine is complete but a bit dirty.

I can post actual pics of it soon if there is any interest. It is in western MD. I could safely crate it if the buyer pays the shipping.

Post any interest / offers. I will get any pics you might want and maybe a short video of it running.

Regards,

:)77.jpg.b42e828fb4844db65da1936ca49a08fe.jpg

@Silky You must post a price and give clear information about the condition of the machine(s).  Read the rules for the marketplace and comply.

Marketplace Rules

1. Post must have a clear and descriptive topic title.

I know little about this machine, mainly what I have learned from searches on this here forum. You can google (as I did) Champion, McKay and Landis for similar functionality.

It has CHAMPION on the sides of the main casting and MODEL 77 on the front cover that opens to expose the mechanisms.

2. Post must contain a complete description of item(s); make, model, condition, height, width, length, weight. color etc. Condition noted as: New, Refurbished, Like New, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor, Parts Only, and or Percentage of New condition, 100% being New or Like New.

I will measure and post the  H, W and  D dimensions as well as an estimate of the weight soon. (I will estimate from research, about 300 lb.) It looks like a redish color paint (under the dust), hopefully the upcoming pics will suffice for this requirement. I will estimate the condition to be Fairly Good to Very Good ..... considering.

This machine is apparently of older manufacture. There is of course some wear but seems to function well. I have no knowledge of the original dimensional specs, so it is hard for me to determine a "degree" of wear. A potential buyer might be able to make that determination.

3. Post must contain explanation of what item is or does.

From a little research in lieu of personal experience, this machine is used for sewing/stitching the soles onto ladies shoes by means of a chain stitch.

4. Post should contain picture or pictures of item when possible.

Will get actual photos over the weekend and post them, the example pic posted was just for reference to depict what I have.

5. Post must contain definite price in USD for the item, we know prices are negotiable but a price nonetheless. Shipping policy needs to be stated clearly.

I am expecting a price in the range of maybe $800 to $1200. This will most  likely be negotiable.

6. Post must be modified with additional information as necessary, and marked when item is sold. ALL MACHINES FOR SALE MUST INCLUDE PICTURE.

As mentioned earlier, I will post actual pics ... and maybe a short video.

Sorry for the vagueness of the original post, more to come,

Thanks

Hi folks :)

Here are some pictures of the actual machine.

The motor is electric, 115V, single phase, 1/4 HP.

The overall dimensions are 28" wide, X 28" deep, X 66" tall.  (excluding the pallet that it is sitting on)

It is a bit dirty, and the lubricant is somewhat dry and gummy but there is no rust on any of the working mechanisms ....(that I can see).

The main drive belt from the AC motor is made of leather and is in poor condition. I wouldn't expect it to last very long.

It is setting on a standard pallet with 3 other shoe machines. Would make a nice, neat package to ship. I'll post more info on the other machines soon.

Moderator: Is it OK to combine machines on a single post ? ?  or, should they be on separate postings.

Also, please remove the original post of the "example" machine, (if possible), thanks.

Thanks for looking,

:)

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Silky
remove original picture, and spelling

7 minutes ago, Silky said:

Moderator: Is it OK to combine machines on a single post ? ?  or, should they be on separate postings.

Also, please remove the original post of the "example" machine, (if possible), thanks.

It would be a good idea to post each machine in a separate thread.  Then as each is sold, the thread can be archived in Old/Sold.  Your original post in this thread is fine.  It keeps the context for the series of posts. 

Good luck on the sale of these machines.  (Now if I had the space and wasn't so far away, I would be sorely tempted!  I already have to many things and too much to do.)

Good point ! Noted, RogerWilco !

Cheers, :)

Being under a little bit of pressure to open up floor space, we will let this go for $700.  USD

This will go along to help out towards the shipping .. if it is necessary.

I wish there is someone out there that can put this to use.

I've seen mention of a "mailbox post", but don't really want to go there. (although, it would be unique :rolleyes: )

Cheers,

:)

Price reduction .....

$ 500.00 plus shipping from UPS Freight depot in Cumberland, MD

:yes:

Price reduction ..... entertaining offers.

$ 400.00 plus shipping from UPS Freight depot in Cumberland, MD

:whistle:

No longer available .... sale pending.