Danne

Free watch strap templates (A4 + Letter size)

Hi I posted this and thought I make a thread for it here also, if anyone need it.

Made a template for people who want to try to glue on card paper and use as templates.

Standard size 115/75. 18-16, 20-18, 22-20 

When you print it and measure to the fold line you will see that it's 1mm too short, the template is made for 1mm leather, and when folded it compensates for the fold.

(So not a error in the drawing)

I choose to not use a curve for the taper, because it's such a small taper it will both look curved and be curved when sanded. And it makes it easy to cut out templates after glued to card paper, because you can use a ruler for everything except the "point" (tip: Cut the template point in multiple cuts, and start with a very shallow cut) you can do the same on leather, or scribe along the template, silver pen, or cut along the edges and finish with "stabbing" around the tip with a skiving knife, and sand it into shape. 

I haven't tried printing the letter size (since I have an A4-printer) but if something is wrong with dimensions notify me so I can solve it.

Instruction.pdf Templates_A4.pdf Templates_letter.pdf

wh.JPG

wh2.JPG

wh3.JPG

wh4.JPG

Edited by Danne

thank you for sharing !  

Thanks for this generous gift.  I've made a number of tapered watch straps sans template and I know how difficult it is.  Almost impossible to get the tapers just right.  This will help big-time!

So thanks!

Also a tip to avoid the template to moving around is to glue with water based contact cement on the back side and let it dry completely, it will result in a little "rubbery finish" so it stays in place better.