Minnesota

Would you look at that there... A group of Leatherworkers... Wonder what they're talkin' about.

Hello everyone. It never occured to me to look for a dedicated online forum when I first started out on this little adventure. My story starts the same way many of your do too - A couple of years ago, I was in need of a new belt. I was usually content with the store-bought belts that I had been wearing all my life until I saw a guy with a genuine veg tan leather belt and asked him about it.

I told my brother about what I had seen and the conversation that ensued, a week later a beginners leatherworking tool kit arrived with a dozen belt blanks and a note from my brother telling me to have at it and see what I could do.

Those first few belts were a disaster; horrible dye jobs. The edges were nowhere near nice enough to show anyone. I rushed through the first batch rather than taking my time to get them right. I have since slowed down. Each step it taken with care. As my skills improved, so have my tools.   

My most recent project is a new wristband for my watch as they don't make them long enough to go around my wrists.

20210625_184143 (2).jpg

welcome that is a nice wrist band for sure, you are catching on very well.

46 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

welcome that is a nice wrist band for sure, you are catching on very well.

Thank You. I have found over time that hand stitching is something I really enjoy. It is fun and relaxing.