This is my first custom axe sheath for a friend. It is made with 9-10 oz Herman Oak leather, and Maine Thread Co. thread. Hand Sewn because I haven't made friends with my class 4 sewing machine yet.

DSC01509.jpg

Nicely done! With a sheath as good looking as that, you almost don't want to take it out into the woods to get dirty and muddy! :lol:

Thank you, It is more of a display axe, Damascus steel very pretty, so I don't think he will take it into the woods. But I would love to see it in 3 or 4 years after aging.

Looks pretty good to me. Why you not made friends with the class 4 yet?? should be perfect for that sort of job.

Nice! + I agree, shake hands with that 4! gave me a reason to dump the scraps I had accumulated. Very little hand stitching done now.

Very nice indeed.  Love the nice straight lines of the basket weave.

What a great job! I love the color, is it natural with just NF oil? Nice execution on the basket weave it does not get any better than that.

10 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Looks pretty good to me. Why you not made friends with the class 4 yet?? should be perfect for that sort of job.

This is actually the second sheath, firs sheath the needle came out of the edge. I mis-stitched ruining the sheath. I will make friends with it.

9 hours ago, Daffy said:

Nice! + I agree, shake hands with that 4! gave me a reason to dump the scraps I had accumulated. Very little hand stitching done now.

I will soon make friends with it.

9 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Very nice indeed.  Love the nice straight lines of the basket weave.

Thank you

16 minutes ago, rleather said:

What a great job! I love the color, is it natural with just NF oil? Nice execution on the basket weave it does not get any better than that.

Thank you, yes natural plus NF oil. 

Classy mask Sir! Beautifully done!

8 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Classy mask Sir! Beautifully done!

Thank you for the kind words.

basket weave is top notch!  Nice deep impressions with beautiful burnishing.   I need to practice more.... 

On 7/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, WalterF said:

This is my first custom axe sheath for a friend. It is made with 9-10 oz Herman Oak leather, and Maine Thread Co. thread. Hand Sewn because I haven't made friends with my class 4 sewing machine yet.

DSC01509.jpg

nice work, I do have a huge problem with it.

It is so nice looking that when I took it off the axe I would not want to set it on the ground while I used the axe. :wacko:

Very nice! I have a class 3 and it took a while to figure it out. All good now though, but I still do some hand stitching and have been a Maine thread customer for several years now.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:56 AM, JayEhl said:

basket weave is top notch!  Nice deep impressions with beautiful burnishing.   I need to practice more.... 

Thank you for the kind words, one thing I have found is good stamps make it a lot easier.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, Frodo said:

nice work, I do have a huge problem with it.

It is so nice looking that when I took it off the axe I would not want to set it on the ground while I used the axe. :wacko:

I think this axe is more of a display piece, but I would love to see it aged and with a patina.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Hags said:

Very nice! I have a class 3 and it took a while to figure it out. All good now though, but I still do some hand stitching and have been a Maine thread customer for several years now.

Thank you, I will make friends with my class 4 just haven't made as many sheaths or holsters to get used to it. I love Maine Thread Co. also.