Sheilajeanne

Any Weavers Here?

I'm posting the details in Off Topic, but since a lot of you don't go there, I'm mentioning it here. A lady in the Pacific Northwest has a large loom, 40"x40" available. 
If anyone here knows a weaver that would like something like this, it's FREE to a good home!

She is going into long term care, and cannot take it with her.  :(

See Off Topic for photos and details.

The family's double-weave looms are in the Welsh Weaving museum now. We have the cwrthens safe.

I'll be going past London's Handweavers Gallery tomorrow, I'll ask them if they've any idea.

Edited by Rahere

Rahere, this loom is located in the far north-west of the United States, in Winthrop, Washington, to be exact. I doubt ANYONE in England is going to have any interest in it even if it is free!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Rahere, this loom is located in the far north-west of the United States, in Winthrop, Washington, to be exact. I doubt ANYONE in England is going to have any interest in it even if it is free!

I quite understood that. From track record, I'm pretty sure they know their way around the weaving world elsewhere, and so would know who covers this locally to there. We'll see.

Okay, got it. It's a long shot, but it may produce results. Would be a shame to see this beautiful machine wind up in the landfill!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

I gave away a 40" Harrisville floor loom a few years age, the local Weavers' Guild(s) are usually a good way to find an interested party.

Yeah, the owner of the loom also spins her own wool from fleece, so I am sure she has a few contacts who will spread the word.

You could try contacting https://northwestweavers.org/

Though I am surprised by the measurements: What do you mean by 40" x 40"? Floor space?  Weavers (I am one) will want to know weaving width, number of shafts, type of loom, brand if any (just to give you an idea what to put in the mail. I am in France and have more looms than I need.)

You could also put it on Ebay, or wherever you can put sales ads. For "established" weavers (like those in a guild) are actually less likely to be looking for a loom than a newbie who doesn't even know yet about guilds.

Klara, that was my mistake. The loom is actually 40" wide and can weave a piece of cloth that's 36" wide. Go to the Off Topic forum for pictures and a more accurate description.

I know nothing about the loom, and am just reposting it because it was shared on another message board I belong to.

Edited by Sheilajeanne