Ok, not officially the first. There were 2 others that were prototypes. This is the one that I will keep to use. There still are several changes I'd make if I think about selling them. This is not a "show off", but more of requesting some critical feedback. I'm still learning this whole leather thing. I'll point out the issues I see in it.

It's made out of a random lot of 1oz Horween leather. There's an RFID cloth layer in between the outer layer and lining leather. It has a couple card pockets, a bigger pocket for folded money/receipts, the passport pocket, and a sleeve to help hold plane/train tickets.

I'm going to try a thicker leather next time. The edges on the pockets were too flexible to burnish well.

I used the same leather as a liner. It does not close very easy yet. Maybe it will loosen up over time. On one prototype I used a suede which worked out much better.

I think the stitching is ok for the most part. I can see a few places where I pulled too hard and therefore it's uneven, and a few places where I didn't space them very well (like corners and going over pockets).

There's a 2" section I did not sand the edge enough, and it's not flush. I'll try to sand it more to fix it later.

Finally, the sleeve flap probably does not have enough room to actually fit a ticket, but it can be used for anything. Next time I'll probably just not include it.

Any thoughts/pointers?

Back.jpg

Edges.jpg

OpenEmpty.jpg

OpenFull.jpg

It looks pretty good and nice..

Wetting the leather at the fold then folding over, tapping down with a mallet then drying out under a weight helps reduce the wrinkles

To 'burnish' edges of thin leather I just use some soft beeswax rubbed along the edge with a piece of linen to rub it in

When you glue the lining on, form it on a bend.  That will help avoid the wrinkles.

3 hours ago, mike02130 said:

When you glue the lining on, form it on a bend.  That will help avoid the wrinkles.

+1

Nice work. Really.

Nice work.