Sign in to follow this  

i like that design friend.

Very fine example.  Looks like a nice project.  

I made a few more ,I am getting into this little air brush.

Wanna see something really dumb.  take a look at the cut mark across that panel. YEP. I did that. It was laying under another piece when I cut it. OPPS.  I either make another panel or move my phone into that case, 

IMG_1305.JPG.73d31d17a6994f28aae7646a9d2cbcc6.JPG

Aww... it happens.  But the dragon scales on the red looks very eye catching and beats the crap out of my 'basket weave' stamp!  ha! 

oh man that stinks! I have a nice wallet with a big dye stain right in the middle of it. Or sew up the cut with something weird, add a few old clock parts and call it diesel punk. 

Its been a while since I done that

My usual, sometimes too bluddy often, mistake is to take what I think is a waste off-cut and think 'That piece will do nicely for this, it just needs cutting down to shape'  then after its been cut down, its 'Oh Sh*t'  as I realise that piece was a cut piece for an on-going stalled project. And invariably it was the last good piece available for the stalled project.

No repair. You'll not be happy or content until you remake & replace that slashed panel. And it'll be one of the bestest panels you'll ever do! :P

Nice, the stamping is great. Have wanted to try airbrushing, you are giving that nudge to try.

12 hours ago, fredk said:

'That piece will do nicely for this, it just needs cutting down to shape'  then after its been cut down, its 'Oh Sh*t'  as I realise that piece was a cut piece for an on-going stalled project

LOL!  happened to me, too, the other night.  Face planted my forehead on my marble slab.....sheesh... So, with last nights project I started to label the flesh side of the project with the part name.   

Edited by JayEhl

Very nice. I didn’t know you could air brush leather, but I am a newb here.

9 hours ago, new west said:

Very nice. I didn’t know you could air brush leather, but I am a newb here.

you can get a cheapy from wally world for around $35. do yourself a favor and buy a respirator also, the fumes will get cha