At the urging of friends, family, and my wife I've decided that someday is today....

We've often talked about making some items and going on the festival circuit to sell things and see the country. I've been making things for folks for several years, learned a lot, and everyone seems to think I'm good at this stuff...

So, I'm ordering a Cowboy CB4500, and then I'm stuck...rivet setter? rotary strap cutter?

Any advice on machines to speed up production?  I make holsters, jewelry, books, cosplay armor, sheaths, and other...thinking of doing bags and backpacks.

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated.

if you want to shell out some bucks, maybe a clicker and dies for patterns.

Thanks...I assume there are places that will make custom dies?

T move from Hobby to making a living, you need to concentrate on efficiency, cut out doing time consuming jobs one at a time,

If you can cut out and prepare one belt why not do 2 or 3 at the same time much quicker and just cut to length when required.

Have 2 sewing machines each set up for one size of thread saving time adjusting and running samples each time you change thread size

Eventually I would get a second machine, but for now I will try to have only 2 to 3 setups for the machine I get...

9 hours ago, austinious said:

Thanks...I assume there are places that will make custom dies?

Yep.  Send in a drawing and they send you back a die.  There is a place in Texas I have worked with in the past.  http://www.usacuttingdie.com/die-examples.html