Exquisite.  I appreciate that you didn't let the crease cross at the tip of the strap, a minor detail but shows how much you have focused on all the little things to make the final product outstanding.  Any chance you would show a photo of the backsides?

YinTx

8 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Exquisite.  I appreciate that you didn't let the crease cross at the tip of the strap, a minor detail but shows how much you have focused on all the little things to make the final product outstanding.  Any chance you would show a photo of the backsides?

YinTx

Thank you. Yes, sure it's easier to cross the tip, because I can choose if I want to "toe or heel" with the creaser around the tip. But I find those small details important. 

Backside.jpg

Very impressive work.  the color combo work.  Nice even stitching and very nice smooth edging.  You'll sell lots!  

Danne, that is honestly one of the coolest watch straps I've ever seen and frankly, the best quality I've seen bar none.  

As far as a target audience, I could see Harley Davidson fans going crazy over it.

It has been said here that you set the bar high and that's accurate.  Gives us all something to shoot for.  

I know you did another thread on that strap, but I don't think you gave specifics on how you laminated the orange and black.  Could you show us your approach to that please?  I know I'd like to do something like that in the future.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:19 PM, JayEhl said:

Very impressive work.  the color combo work.  Nice even stitching and very nice smooth edging.  You'll sell lots!  

Thank you.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:52 AM, Tugadude said:

Danne, that is honestly one of the coolest watch straps I've ever seen and frankly, the best quality I've seen bar none.  

As far as a target audience, I could see Harley Davidson fans going crazy over it.

It has been said here that you set the bar high and that's accurate.  Gives us all something to shoot for.  

I know you did another thread on that strap, but I don't think you gave specifics on how you laminated the orange and black.  Could you show us your approach to that please?  I know I'd like to do something like that in the future.

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, and if the exterior was black, then it would suit KTM :)

It was a challenge to glue it so it doesn't become a gap, because I felt like I had to use solvent based glue for this construction. So I only got one chance. (To answer how I made sure it was no gap, I pushed the exterior (Brown part) against the interior (orange) between two rulers, and put a piece of tape on the top layer. Because this leather have some finish I was able to use regular clear tape. If you look carefully on the first photo in my "build album" you can see how the leather is a little dull in the middle, but a little polish with Saphir Renovateur solved that.

On 7/28/2021 at 2:49 AM, mike02130 said:

We're all hoping for a video.

I don't really have equipment for that, or want to spent the time for making video clips. Sorry.

Edited by Danne

22 hours ago, Danne said:

I don't really have equipment for that, or want to spent the time for making video clips. Sorry.

Don't blame you.   I run a department that takes care of video creation and editing and it is ALOT of work. 

And thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, Sticks said:

Hi,

are these 2 separate pieces of leather.? The black and orange I refer to.thnx

Yes dark brown and orange goat leather. 

*low slow whistle*

That is super nice work @Danne!

8 hours ago, battlemunky said:

*low slow whistle*

That is super nice work @Danne!

Thank you

Glad this was bumped.  This is something to strive for.  This strap has it all, creativity, execution and utility.  Precision is one word that comes to mind.

8 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Glad this was bumped.  This is something to strive for.  This strap has it all, creativity, execution and utility.  Precision is one word that comes to mind.

The main reason I did this strap was to push my limitations for cutting with precision. And I was absolutely not certain that I would manage to cut it with enough precision. But even if I would have failed it would have been good because then I would have to practice more and finding better solutions to solve the problem. That's one of the reasons I like watch straps. I mean making a prototype that have a high chance to fail on a large bag can be quite expensive in material cost. 

Also I like using scrap pieces for testing and learning. Let's say someone find it hard to cut rounded corners. If that person do it on wallets the result will be better with time. But also when you do it on a project you tend to stick to the method you feel most comfortable with. If that person would cut 10 small scrap pieces then different methods could be tried to see what works and what doesn't.

Edited by Danne