mparty

Info about Adler 68FD62S?

Hi all,

I'm new to the leather works and I'm considering to buy this Adler 68FD62S as my first sewing machine. It's located far away from me so I cannot go and check it out but can anyone tell me what the features are in this machine and for what type of sewing work it was build for?

My plan is to learn how to do seat covers, etc. for my vintage snowmobiles that I'm restoring/fixing so I will be sewing leather. Is this machine meant for this kind of job or should I skip the deal?

6575120105.jpg?img=full6574032263.jpg?img=full6548462306.jpg?img=full934017a49b2e444399808198fac9a752.jpg?img

most likely for sewing shoe upper or for decorative stitching. I haven´t sewn seat covers but a flat bed machine would probably the better choice for this work.

I think Constabulary is right: start with an flatbed (triple transport)

second machine for upholstry could be an postbed (for topstitching)  but more likly  a double needle with better transport

have you seen this channel?

But that said

that  Adler 68FD62S looks like an nice machine 

and if the price is right you should be able to use it for some leather topstitching (but still are better of with  an other machine for the rest of the work)

1 hour ago, Michiel said:

I think Constabulary is right: start with an flatbed (triple transport)

second machine for upholstry could be an postbed (for topstitching)  but more likly  a double needle with better transport

have you seen this channel?

I haven't seen that channel, thanks!

Ok so that machine would be a nice add-on (it's 400€) but I need a flatbed machine. What about this, Durkopp 212-103 (300€), I think it's double transport?

2D1506DB-81B4-4F62-917C-2F9FF7EAC5AF.jpe

Okey, I think if found my machine, a Durkopp 239, flatbed, triple transport, etc. Let's see if I can make a deal with the seller.

The sewing machine on your picture has only one foot (so it has not “triple transport”)

Michiel - his picture shows the 212 not the 239.

239 is a nice machine when properly set up. Very similar tot he Singer 111G156 presser feet are the same as for the 111 series also the bobbins an several other parts. If it is a 239-531 it even has a large hook (bobbin size like Adler 167)

This looks like a fine machine for what you want to do

you need 380/400Volts and an air compressor to run this machine with it´s "Bells & Whistles" - keep that in mind.

45 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

you need 380/400Volts and an air compressor to run this machine with it´s "Bells & Whistles" - keep that in mind.

Yep, I do have multiple air compressors and in the separate storage room where this is going to end up (if I get the deal done) has also 380/400V in place so that shouldn't be a problem.

2 hours ago, Michiel said:

This looks like a fine machine for what you want to do

Good! Let's see if I can make the deal... My plan is to buy this Durkopp 239 and the Adler from the beginning of this thread, I'd like to get them both and test what can you do with both of them.